Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Hi All I have a problem with intel r dual band wireless ac 3160 weak signal

DGuy0
Beginner

When trying connecting to the internet wireless the issue occurs on all networks where ever I am and the intel r dual band wireless ac 3160 weak signal is unusable. I am using windows 10 on a Toshiba Laptop. I have tried all the usual things like disabling the device check for latest drivers and uninstalling the device.

Out of desperation I bought a small wireless adaptor that worked for a while then stopped

This is driving me mad

Any help appreciated

Dave

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DGuy0,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

• When did the issue start happening? OS or driver update?
  • Did the Intel® Wireless Adapter come preinstalled in the computer?
  • What is the model number of the AP/router?
  • Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DGuy0,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DGuy0
Beginner

Hi

Please see the file attached

Thanks for your help

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
DGuy0
Beginner

I clicked the link to send the information through your email but the page not found showed

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
DGuy0
Beginner
  • When did the issue start happening? OS or driver update? Not certain as I am often on wired internet but months/years ago
  • Did the Intel® Wireless Adapter come preinstalled in the computer? Yes it is all original
  • What is the model number of the AP/router? BT (does not say) not sure this is important as it will not work on any wireless internet
  • Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread. Done sent earlier

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DGuy0,

Thank you for your response.

Based the information provided, we recommend that you perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers. We were unable to find the official site to download drivers for your system. We recommend that you use your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) first.

Step 1: Get the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer support.

Step 2: Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver.

Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver for your wireless adapter. You can't uninstall an inbox driver (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it’s uninstalled.

1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter/Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
  5. Restart your computer.

Step 3: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion.

If the problem persists, try to install the generic drivers available at our site.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DGuy0,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Hello DGuy0,,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry.

Based on the symptoms of the issue, this seems to be a hardware (antenna) issue. We recommend that you contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to check the hardware.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos