Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Hi, Can i connect to the 60GHz wifi on the TP-link AD7200, using the intel wireless-AC 18265? Thanks, Timothy

TNdun
Beginner

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I did not see any specifics on AC connections for this router. I suggest you contact TP-Link for specifics.

Doc

0 Kudos
TNdun
Beginner

Hi @Al.Hill​ 

Thanks for the prompt reply. However, i am not sure what you mean by AC specifics. Please enlighten me on this so i can know what to ask when i contact TP link

Also, I was assuming that since the intel 18265 wireless adapter supports 802.11ad, it will be able to connect to the TP link AD7200 router since it also supports 802.11ad. Or isnt that the case?

Thanks,

Timothy

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have a AC 18265. It supports IEEE WLAN Standard IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11d, 802.11e, 802.11h, 802.11i, 802.11w; 802.11r, 802.11k, 802.11v pending OS support; Fine Timing Measurement based on 802.11REVmc

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/wireless-products/tri-band-wireless-ac-wigig-18265-brief.html

On the TP-Link, I found no such standards:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/ad7200/#specifications

While it can be assumed that the TP-Link supports these standards, it is best to confirm, with them, that it does.

Doc

0 Kudos
TNdun
Beginner

Thanks Al.Hill,

I will confirm with them. Hopefully they are compatible. 😀

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TNdun,

We would like to update this thread.

Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265 uses Intel® WiGig (60 GHz band) to offer two types of usages: Intel® Wireless Docking and Intel® WiGig VR solution. In this scenario, Intel WiGig does not directly support wireless access to the Internet, Intel® Wireless Docking can support a wired Ethernet connection.

For more information on Intel® WiGig, please refer to this support article: Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® WiGig

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TNdun,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TNdun,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos