Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

How can I capture 11ax packets with Intel adapter

Yukino
Beginner

Dear,

Can i capture the beacon frames of surrounded APs using the AX200 Wi-Fi6 adapter or other adapter on Windows?

How can I capture 11ax packets with Intel adapter ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Yukino, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Can you confirm what are you trying to accomplish? Are you looking to administrate a network at some level?  

2. Would you like to capture beacon frames only or other types of packets also? Is this for Wi-Fi 6 only? Please include more details.  

3. To have all information, can you fill the "Intel-Wireless-Customer-Checklist" document attached? You can skip all the personal information and just provide the issue and system details. 

4. Additionally, run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Have you looked at or tried Wire Shark? That thing is amazing at what it can capture.

0 Kudos
Yukino
Beginner
Of course, but i cant capture 802.11 frame, such as beacon, assoc req/resp.
I have set the type of adapter to monitor.
0 Kudos
Yukino
Beginner

Of course, but i cant capture 802.11 frame, such as beacon, assoc req/resp.
I have set the type of adapter to monitor.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Yukino,  

After double-checking this internally, we noticed that Intel does not have a tool to make this type of network captures. You may want to consider checking in different networking specialized forums for further help. 

You can consult with Microsoft* to see if at the Operating System (OS) level they may have a tool like this. 

On the other hand, maybe your router/AP manufacturer can help you with a similar feature from their side. 

I will proceed to close this inquiry. If you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician   

0 Kudos