Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How to connect Intel Tri Band wireless AC 17265 chipset to laptop/desktop

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have Intel Tri Band wireless AC 17265 chipset with me. I am not getting how to connect this to my laptop or desktop.

Please help me to know, any specific laptop is needed for this? (specific brand or model)

Or may I get any converter/bridge to connect this chipset with my laptop externaly?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello john007,

We regret to inform you that we do not provide support for what you're doing.

Before a wireless adapter is installed into any computer it must be certified for that system. If you're looking to install this adapter into your laptop, you must check with your computer manufacturer to find out if it can be done and how.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.html Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

Aside from this, while it is possible to install this adapter into a desktop system (again, not supported), you must have one of two things:

1. M.2 Port provisioned for wireless networking (most found on desktop boards are wired for storage devices).

2. An M.2 wireless card to PCIe adapter. It must have an USB connector for Bluetooth* to work (either for headers or external USB port).

We do hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
idata
Employee

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the valuable info.

I came to know that the Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 is available in the M.2 A-Type 3030 form factor.

So any clues for the laptops which will have M.2 A-type slot for my 3030 chitset?

I am getting the details only about M.2 SSD M/B type related. I am not getting details on M.2 A-type slot.

So please help me to get any details/link for which laptop will support M.2 A-type or adapter for desktop

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello john007,

We do not have access to this type of information. Please keep in mind that not only does the laptop need to have an M.2 A-type connector, but the adapter needs to have been certified for use in the system.

Our best suggestion would be to engage your choice computer manufacturer and inquire with them as to which of their systems is able to use your adapter.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos