Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Hyper-V External Virtual Switch Bridge Mode - Slow download speeds on AX200

Twikki
Beginner

Hey guys!

I have recently purchased a Lenovo Legion 5 pro, and going to create virtual machines on it. When I create an external switch and it uses my Wi-Fi,  my upload speeds plummets to 0.4 Mbit.

I googled and tested different things,  it's the exact same problem as described in this thread:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Hyper-V-External-Virtual-Switch-Bridge-Mode-Slow-download-speeds/m-p/1222149

However, I do not have the option to do as Albert describes:
Step 2. Disable LSO settings 'Large Send Offload Version 2 (IPv4)' and 'Large Send Offload Version 2 (IPv6)', as shown in the attached screenshot

It simply doesn't exists in my advanced options. So I cannot disable it.

I have tried literally everything I can find, and lost now. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Twikki,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. What is the model name of your router?

4. The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

5. Is the operating system updated?

6. Have you updated the BIOS?

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Twikki, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Twikki
Beginner

Hello Deivid!

Apologies for my slow reply.

I have done a lot of testing, updated everything I can, my bios, wifi etc.

I ended up using VMware workstation, which works perfectly. this ONLY happens in Hyper-v. 

I ended up not using Hyper-v. So we can call it "solved" if we want.

Best regards

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Twikki, 

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix the issue by using a different workstation.

As Albert mentioned on the thread that you attached, that was based on one of the Microsoft articles about the recommendation to improve throughput by disabling TCP Offloading. My recommendation is to check with Microsoft for advice and compatibility instructions.

I will proceed to close this thread, but if you have any other issues do not hesitate to open a new thread.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos