Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I am having an issue with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168 adpater.

MRoss28
Beginner

I completed building a computer a few days ago. The computer has a ac-3168 wireless chip built into the motherboard. Since this morning, the wifi has stopped working and I am seeing a Code 45 (Not connected) within Device Manager. I have tried uninstalling/updating the drivers, which as not resolved the issue. It seems the wireless card picks up if i restart my computer without an Ethernet cord plugged in; however, no wireless networks are detected. Does anyone have any advice how to resolve this issue other than replacing the motherboard?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You should be installing the Bluetooth 20.120.0 and Wireless 20.12.0 package together. It is sometimes better to uninstall all previous versions of both, reboot and then install the pair. Disconnect Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless while doing all this.

According to Release Notes, this is what gets installed by the 20.120.0 package:

WirelessVersion.jpg

Similarly, this is what gets installed by the Bluetooth 20.120.0 package:

BTVersion.jpg

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Tell us about this computer. Be specific. and tell us about the operating system.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Is this an IC soldered directly onto the motherboard or is it a small card in a M.2 slot that is removable?

What version of Windows 10 do you have? 1809? Fully up to date (i.e. you are allowing Windows Update to update everything)?

What versions of the Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages are you attempting to use? [Note: want version numbers shown in Apps and Features, not in Device Manager]

0 Kudos
MRoss28
Beginner

I believe it is soldered directly onto the motherboard. It is staged within an I/O shield, which I have not been able to remove. Based on my understanding of the motherboard manual, it seems to be soldered. I am currently on version 1803. When I serach for updates, it says I am up to date. Bluetooth is on 20.120.0.3. I am not seeing the wireless card under apps and features (I may be missing it). Currently, the wireless card is hidden in device manager and is greyed out.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You should be installing the Bluetooth 20.120.0 and Wireless 20.12.0 package together. It is sometimes better to uninstall all previous versions of both, reboot and then install the pair. Disconnect Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless while doing all this.

According to Release Notes, this is what gets installed by the 20.120.0 package:

WirelessVersion.jpg

Similarly, this is what gets installed by the Bluetooth 20.120.0 package:

BTVersion.jpg

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos