Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I am using the Intel 7260 AC Wifi card and it only connects to my 5ghz wifi signal using 802.11a. Cannot get it to connect using 802.11ac.

EJohn11
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello EJohn11, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Is this an integration? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EJohn11
Beginner

Yes, it is. In an Asus X551CA.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
What is the driver version you are running? Check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Make to follow the suggestions in that link. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EJohn11
Beginner

Driver: 18.33.14.3

Thank you for the link. Yes, my settings match those recommendations.

I do have other devices connecting to my router using ac so it shouldn't be a router issue.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Thanks for confirming that. Are you using Windows 10? Make sure you are running the latest Windows updates. Run the Windows updates and apply any changes. Have you tried with the driver from your computer manufacturer? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EJohn11
Beginner

Yes, Windows 10. I just got the latest update yesterday. No change to wifi performance. I am concurrently discussing with Asus regarding this issue. They have not recommended a different driver, just recommended I use the latest available driver.

0 Kudos
EJohn11
Beginner

Update:

I have fixed the issue by enabling QoS and WMM on my router. Not sure which setting made the difference, but I suspect it is the QoS.

Thank you for working with me on this issue.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Sure, you're welcome! Thank you for sharing the solution. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos