Device Mgr shows it "working". Hardware switch has no impact. HP wireless Assistant shows it disabled. Can't turn the thing on through either harware or Device Manager.
We understand you are having issues with your Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300. Plese consider the following recommendations based on your description of the issue:
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Contact the Computer Manufacturer Support, obtain their latest driver and check with them for recommendations about enabling this adapter.
- Go to Device Manager, Network Adapters, and look for the N6300. Make sure it is enabled and working properly.
- Please keep in mind that this adapter reached End of Life and the support options available for it are limited.
For any further assistance, please let us know the following:
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.
- Where exactly are you seing the adapter as disabled?
- Was this working fine before? if so, were there any recent changes in the system?