06-19-2017 03:12 PM
We understand you are having issues with your Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300. Plese consider the following recommendations based on your description of the issue:
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Contact the Computer Manufacturer Support, obtain their latest driver and check with them for recommendations about enabling this adapter.
- Go to Device Manager, Network Adapters, and look for the N6300. Make sure it is enabled and working properly.
- Please keep in mind that this adapter reached End of Life and the support options available for it are limited.
For any further assistance, please let us know the following:
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.
- Where exactly are you seing the adapter as disabled?
- Was this working fine before? if so, were there any recent changes in the system?