Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

I have AC-7265 the Ad Hoc will not work on Windows 10 version 1607

idata
Employee

I have AC-7265 the Ad Hoc will not work on Windows 10 version 1607

9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Mohhariri,

We understand you would like to know why Hosted Network support is not available for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 in Windows® 10.

Wireless Hosted Network, also known as Soft AP is a feature that implements a software based wireless access point function. Hosted Network mode is not supported with the new WLAN Device Driver Interface (WDI), that is used in Windows® 10.

If your goal is to share your internet connection with other devices, we would like to inform that Windows 10 version 1607 (Windows 10 Anniversary Update) introduces a similar feature called the mobile hotspot.

For more information about this, please check the following document:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006057.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Wireless Adapters

We would like to add that your Wireless driver is not up to date and we recommend you to install https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26346/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=83635 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [19.20.0], that is compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jonathan ,

Thank you for the reply .

we are connecting a hospital defibrillators to the PC and transfer it via the AdHoc to the PC so the Hospital can see the Patient Data to the Unit assigned to .

my goal to connect the two devices together because both of the devices on a mobile environment

Mohammad

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,

In this case, we recommend you to check with the Device Manufacturer, or Software Provider to check if the Mobile Hotspot or WiFi Direct features within Windows® 10 can be used to connect the PC with the medical equipment.

As noted in the document we linked before, Hosted Network support is being dropped with Windows® 10 in favor of newer technologies.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
HLer
Beginner

Hi Jonathan,

Your reply is contradicting with Microsoft's reply. Microsoft is saying Hosted Network is required:

http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7a8aaa33-14dc-4e0e-a098-1da0385e13e6 http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7a8aaa33-14dc-4e0e-a098-1da0385e13e6

Is there a driver update to support Mobile Hotspot? OR should we kill this wireless adapter?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello shenlong,

I checked the Microsoft thread you provided, based on that I did some testing in our lab, using a Windows® 10 PC with the ac7265 and the driver 19.20 linked in the previous post.

In our testing, we confirmed that Hosted Network Supported shows "No", however, we were able to enable Mobile Hotspot and share the internet connection with another PC, as seen in the following picture:

We advise you to use the updated driver and try the process again, then let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We haven't seen any updates since our last post. Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
HLer
Beginner

Hi Jonathan,

May I know what Windows Account you are using? I am using a domain account with local administrator and I have the issue. Check out my screenshot:

Is there permission issue with this driver version?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello shenlong,

We used the same driver version in our test, and the Log on properties of the hotspot local service are also alike.

We would like to mention that our user has Administrator privileges with no restrictions. Based on the event you provided, your user may not be allowed to use this function. You might want to check with your network administrator or local IT to determine if there is any limitation regarding user privileges, Wi-Fi direct usage, or hotspot functionality in your environment.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello shenlong,

We haven't seen any updates for this thread. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos