Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

I have Dell Inspiron 7000 2 in 1 laptop and after being on the phone with Dell for 1 and 1/2 hours and doing a windows 10 factory reset which did not get my internet working,

Pearly
Beginner

I disabled the driver signature enforcement as explained above and my intel wireless ac 9560 was working. The computer updated my printer drivers and again the internet doesn't work. It cant find the wireless adapter on my computer. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling etc. and nothing helps. When installing the intel wireless it goes to Other Devices and not to Network Adapter in Device Manager. I downloaded the wifi_21-60-2 Driver 64_Win10. Is this the correct Driver for wireless ac 9560?

I would appreciate any assistance in getting my internet to work.

Thank you.

Pearl

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pearly
Beginner

I just checked that it is compatible with the wireless ac 9560 but why is it hidden in the Network Adapter? Also it says Not present and Disconnected and Couldn't find wireless device on computer!

Please help!

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

The "wifi_21-60-2 Driver 64_Win10" is the generic driver from Intel, but the correct one for laptops is ALWAYS the custom driver from the laptop manufacturer, So the best driver from you is the one you should download from dell website, not intel. You should ask Dell for the proper driver.

Also, did you install the Wireless card in the laptop (did you upgrade the hardware wireless card?) If yes, this could be related to a hardware incompatibility issue.

If no, could be a hardware issue (hardware failure) since laptop support team (DELL) could not have it work again even after factory reset...

0 Kudos
Pearly
Beginner

Dell does not even list the laptop I bought last year from them. They don't have the Intel wireless AC 9560 on their website. Only upgrades. I did not install the wireless card. I will try calling them again ! They say it is a software problem not a hardware one as when checking wifi my computer sends packages and receives packages. They want me to pay $300 for software warranty.

0 Kudos
Pearly
Beginner

I'm so proud of myself. I got the internet to work. It took a lot of patience but it paid in the end. This website helped somewhat with the process. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-regain-internet-access-after-installing-update-windows-10

0 Kudos