Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I have an Intel 9260 AC WiFi card and it works nicely besides the AC mode. Is it a Windows problem? How can I identify the problem and solve it?

MSaran
Beginner

Bluetooth and any connection at 2.4GHz works perfectly, but any connection at 5GHz only works in the N mode.

Every time I changed the configuration to operate in AC mode, it becomes unstable and very slow. Making it impossible to use.

Other equipment's works without any problem using the 5GHz in the AC mode, including another 9260 and a 7265.

Thanks.

Intel 9260 AC WiFi driver version 21.10.1.2

Windows 10 1903

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, we would like to gather system information (computer model, operating system, etc.)

1. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer.

2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

2. Please let us know if the Intel® Wireless Adapter came preinstalled on your computer.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
MSaran
Beginner

File from Intel SSU attached.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Thank you for your response.

We will review this information and get back to you soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

We are still reviewing the information provided.

Could you please let us know if the Intel® Wireless Adapter came preinstalled on your system?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MSaran
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

It did not come with the system. I added it recently.

Best regards,

Saran, Marco A.

0 Kudos
iblan3
Beginner

Since the same topic with this type of wifi card, i have the same device. Today i saw there is an update to v 21.10.1.2. so grab the bluetooth and wifi driver from intel downloads page. Installed without any error! But windows can't connect anymore with this new driver to any network. so i remove the network profile i had, and try to connect again ,asking for my password and it show "connecting". then click again on wifi icon, i can see all networks available, but connections isnt established ! So rolling back from device manager to v 21.0.0.5 and boom! less than a second to connect! so the latest driver is problematic on connection. never had this issue before with nay type of driver till now!

Intel 9260 160 mhz!

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello iblan3,

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated.

If you would like to report an issue with a newer driver, please submit a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

When performing a wireless integration of Intel® Wireless Adapters, you may experience system instability and they may fail. In other words, these issues are expected.

It is worth mentioning that installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. Some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapters to be certified with the antenna that is intended to be used together in the system, while some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapter to be certified at the full system level.

For more information on this topic, please review the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

In this scenario, we recommend performing a clean installation of the wireless driver. Since there are no Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers available at your manufacturer's website, please try the following driver.

1. Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers steps.

Note: We recommend uninstalling both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers for better results.

2. Generic drivers installation.

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers Version: 21.10.1

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Version: 21.10.1 

Note: If you receive an error message while installing the Wi-Fi driver, try using the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins.

3. Also, please check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity here.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Were you able to perform the steps recommended?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MSaran
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

I've tried a clean install of drivers 21.10 and it goes without errors.

After, I've changed the settings to recommended, but have no success until now to put AC mode to work.

It keeps unstable and slow.

Best regards,

Saran, Marco A.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Since you performed a hardware integration, we cannot guarantee that your system will work as expected.

We will investigate this issue further.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Could you please run Wireshark or a similar application when setting AC mode and attach the log file generated?

Also, please let us know the Bluetooth devices you are using for testing and if you are using any application to check your wireless connection.

In addition, make sure the channel your access point or wireless router is using is not overlapping or in use by another nearby access point. When using the 5 GHz band, use channels 36, 40, 44, or 48.

Software tools such as MetaGeek inSSIDer* help you select the best channel for your access point or wireless router.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MSaran
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

Using inSSIDer I've could see that there's no neighbor WiFi at 5GHz.

I'm testing the Bluetooth with a Galaxy S9+, a Microsoft Mouse and a JBL Speaker.

Everything works perfectly in 2.4Ghz and also with the Bluetooth. With 5GHz, if only the N mode is selected, then it's OK.

In the AC mode, almost all websites are very slow or fail at all.

I attached the Wireshark logs.

Thanks.

Regards,

Saran, Marco A.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

We will review this information and get back to you soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Older devices on your Wi-Fi network can slow it down. If you have connected a wireless G or N (i.e.) device to the same network, everything has to slow down to G or N speeds, then it will not run at 802.11ac speeds.

Have you tried connecting only a single an 802.11ac device to your an 802.11ac access point? Does it work properly?

Now, your router/access point plays an important role, too. Does it support 802.11ac standard? What is the model you are using? Are you running the latest firmware available?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MSaran
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

The router supports the AC mode, a Galaxy S9+, a notebook with Intel 7265, and another with 9260, all works properly.

It's new and with the latest firmware available.

There's no G device, there's no other N device besides this 9260 that cannot work at AC mode.

I've tried only it in the AC mode, with every other device disabled, but without success.

Regards,

Saran, Marco A.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Thank you for providing this information.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MSaran,

Based on the information provided, this issue seems to be related to a laptop compatibility issue due to the wireless integration performed.

Our recommendation is that you can contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further support and warranty options.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos