Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

I have an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 but both Windows and Ubuntu detect Intel Wifi 6 AX201

milio
Beginner

I have a MSI Modern 14 A10M laptop, which comes with an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 Network adapter which handles wifi and bluetooth. However,  both Windows and Ubuntu identify my device as an Intel Wifi 6 AX201 and nor Wifi nor Bluetooth are working.

I don't know what to do anymore. I have a plug USB wifi adaptor and it works, but I need to fix the inner device. 

This is a screenshot from Windows device administrator. The Edimax is my USB plug, but the Intel AX201 should be AX9560. 

milio_0-1614947934799.png

The state of the Intel device is (Spanish/translation): 

Este dispositivo no puede iniciar. (Código 10)    // Device could not start (Error code 10)

Can anyone help me?  I barely have knowledge  about drivers/firmware 

Thank you so much in advice!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Download from MSI Download Site and install the Chipset Driver and Management Engine Driver. 

After installation, reboot your computer and continue with the other drivers.

Leon

milio
Beginner

Thank for answering, Leon!

I am afraid your solution didn't worked up.

I also tried reinstalling my firmware and when I rebooted my system both Wifi and Bluetooth worked for about 10 seconds. Unfortunately,  that hasn't happened more.

Which is the software/driver in charge of identifying my devices? It is clearly not working properly

Thank you again

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @milio 

Please verify that you have the BIOS updated. I suggest that you try "clean" installation of the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers:

1. Once you have the Chipset Software and Management Engine Driver updated, open the Device Manager and uninstall the WiFi and Bluetooth Drivers (check the "Delete Driver software ..." option.

2. Reboot your laptop and install the previously downloaded WiFi and Bluetooth Drivers.

Hope this will help

Leon

0 Kudos