Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

I swapped out the network card on my HP 17-by1xxx laptop for an Intel ax200. Unfortunately, the laptop only had one antenna connection, so I connected to the "main" instead of the "aux" connection. Could this have resulted in the following problems?

NSbar
Beginner
  1. My bluetooth generally doesn't work. Windows detects that I have bluetooth hardware, but I can't get anything to connect.
  2. When I'm trying to connect to the wifi 6 network I have at home, I can see about 10 wifi 5 routers from my neighbors, but I have to wait about 5-10 minutes before I see the my wifi 6 router. Afterwards, I can can connect without any problems, but I'd like to eliminate the wait.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You cannot simply change wifi cards. You must consult with HP for compatibility.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-io/wireless-networking.html

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. The AX200 is Wifi module supporting 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. The difference is that one of the antenna is shared by both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radio.
  2. Antenna 1 (Aux) Wi-Fi 2.4GHz + BT
  3. Antenna 2 (main) Wi-Fi 5GHz.
  4. So, if you have one antenna only, connect it to AUX terminal.

Leon