Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

I want to buy Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 for my laptop. does it support my laptop? I want to upgrade my wireless card laptop specs: lenovo Y700 intel i7 6700HQ 8gb ram nvida 960mx Intel® Wireless-AC 3165

PBhim
Beginner

email me at: princebhimani@gmail.com

ph: +91 7575055923

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you cannot. This card requires CNVio support in the motherboard, chipset and processor. Support began in 2018 in Coffee Lake (8th gen Core processors).

For your laptop, a better alternative might be the AX200 module. This module uses the same M.2 interface as the 3165, but adds support for Wireless-AX, WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.

Note I said 'might' above. You need to check with Lenovo to ensure that this module will be supported. The slimier laptop vendors use blacklists and whitelists in their BIOS to prevent people from using modules that weren't purchased through the vendor (at a handsome markup).

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Edit your query and remove your email address and and phone number (unless the goal was to get lots of SPAM).

0 Kudos