Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I want to upgrade my Toshiba P870 (Windows 7 Home Premium) with a Realtek RTL8723ae wireless problems.

JMarc12
Beginner

I have a Toshiba P870 (Windows 7 Home Premium) with a "Realtek RTL8723ae wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic" which I believe to be the source of my wireless problems. I would like to upgrade my internal wireless card and Toshiba Support is very little help. Can you please recommend the best Intel wireless card that is compatible with my laptop? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

MrjesterMD,

Technically, you can change your wireless card, however, the only ones entitled to inform you which adapter would be the best for your system is TOSHIBA*. Intel does not sell wireless adapter directly to end-users, our wireless adapter are designed for OEMs and that is why we recommend to contact TOSHIBA*. We also would like to inform you that Intel does support this procedure. Please check this link for further information on this particular matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for...

0 Kudos