Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

I want to upgrade to a dualband wireless card

EChav8
Beginner

Hi guys!

I have a HP ENVY dv6-7214nr Notebook with a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter that I want to replace it for a dual band wireless card. My system has an Intel i7-3940XM processor. I would appreciate any advice of compatible options.

Thanks,

Erick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Erick1967,

Unfortunately, Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced for another one. In this particular case, we recommend that you contact HP* directly as they are the only ones that can provide the list of supported Intel® Adapters that are compatible to the type of system you have. Please access this link in order to find HP* contact number: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

0 Kudos
EChav8
Beginner

Thank you aleki_intel, other people in this forum has recommended me the same, the issue is HP experts are not assured about which adapter fits to my computer. One guy recommended me the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module -- part 670691-001 almost one year before post this subject. Other guy told me this: "This model is problematic. The 670691-001 part listed as an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module is really a Ralink single band card. Your model was among the latest to still have a BIOS whitelist for the WiFi card and there is no 5 GHz band card that will pass the whitelist test and allow the laptop to work." I don´t knew there is a whitelist of Wi Fi cards any way. I waited some months hoping someone has found a solution but I still very confused and nobody can help me apparently. I´m thinking to take the risk and try installing the Intel Centrino Advanced 6230.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Erick1967,

We would like to inform you that Intel does not support integrations which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for... In this particular case, the OEM would be the best option to consult which Intel® Wireless Adapter is right for your system.

0 Kudos