Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

ICS issue My Wifi Dashboard

idata
Employee

Hello,

Once again i'm having trouble with intel my wifi dashboard, couple of weeks ago I lost the possibility to share my internet connection. So far I've tried:

1) reinstall Pro- set with intell my wifi (uninstalled by revo uninstaller) and cleaned up the registry.

2) removed the wireless card from hardware mannagement - rebooted - reinstalled the card and driver with intel my wifi

3) Checked the IP-Policy on the home wireless network and my ICS (both IPV4 and IPV6 are all set to automatic distribution)

4) Used Complete Internet Repair from Rizonesoft

5) enabled every single startupitem in MSCONFIG and Services.msc

6) Checked my security suite and all intel applications have full access to my system. (also done a full reset of my antivirus)

I'm using a A 6200 AGN + Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition, Dell XPS 15 L501X.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi fré,

Thanks for posting

It would have been helpful to know the driver version that you have installed, but in this case I would like to recommend the driver version 15.3.1 for your wireless driver and the dashboard.

Here are some steps that you may follow in order to resolve your issue:

1- First download the latest drivers and software package (Wireless_15.3.1_s64.exe) and save them to your desktop.

2- http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3311&DwnldID=22116&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wireless-N+130&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3311&DwnldID=22116&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wireless-N+130&lang=eng

Then download the dashboard software: (Intel_My_WiFi_Dashboard_15.3.1_s64.msi)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3551&DwnldID=22138&keyword=Intel%C2%AE+My+WiFi+Dashboard+Software&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3551&DwnldID=22138&keyword=Intel%C2%AE+My+WiFi+Dashboard+Software&lang=eng

3- Remove the Intel® PROSet software from Control Panel\ Control Panel home\ programs, 'uninstall a Program', check also for any other PROSet software and uninstall it too.

4- Go to 'Start' right-click on 'Computer' click on Manage, on Computer Management window click on device manager (on the left panel) click on "Network Adapters"\Double-Click the adapter name\Drivers Tab and click on the "Uninstall" button if present.

5- Remove a folder named Wireless; it is located inside a hidden folder therefore prior deleting this folder you need to set the Folder Options in Advanced Settings to show hidden files, folders and drives, and then look for the Wireless folder found at C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Intel.

6- Install the latest drivers. (Double-click on the icon of the driver, click next, then accept the agreement, select "Custom installation' make sure all the features are available, no red "X" marked)

7- Install the dashboard.

Something else I may add is that very soon we will have a new tool that is going to replace the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mark,

Unfortunate it didn't work, I am still unable to enable ICS, if I try to start the Dashboard it comes up with an error message (although a second attempt to start it up went error-free); here are the details:

Translation

Probleemhandtekening: Problem Signature

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: CLR20r3 Eventname of problem

Probleemhandtekening 01: ccdash.exe Problemsignature 01

Probleemhandtekening 02: 15.3.0.0 Problemsignature 02

Probleemhandtekening 03: 5035525f Problemsignature 03

Probleemhandtekening 04: mscorlib Problemsignature 04

Probleemhandtekening 05: 4.0.0.0 Problemsignature 05

Probleemhandtekening 06: 504834e5 Problemsignature 07

Probleemhandtekening 07: 6132 Problemsignature 08

Probleemhandtekening 08: 67 Problemsignature 08

Probleemhandtekening 09: N51CFFZWZ1GFFVSLVRUB5UXQ1GVD0TXU Problemsignature 09

Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Version of operating system

Landinstelling-id: 2067 Countrysetting-id

Aanvullende informatie 1: 7cfb Aditional information 1

Aanvullende informatie 2: 7cfbae4a90425bdc53dcf1ea83a8005d Aditional information 2

Aanvullende informatie 3: 3ef3 Aditional information 3

Aanvullende informatie 4: 3ef30e1b70c7670ac2ec6553d59f1d1f Aditional information 4

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
DDary
Novice

Mark said, "Something else I may add is that very soon we will have a new tool that is going to replace the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard."

When will this be available? I'm trying to get my wifi dashboard working but having the same problem as the OP, cannot get ICS to work.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We will let you know when the new software will be available. I am sorry for this inconvenience; in the meantime you may want to check the following information:

Unable to activate Internet Connection Sharing: When you turn on Hotspot, the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard software will attempt to enable Internet Connection Sharing (unless ICS has been turned off at the Hotspot Preferences window). If ICS cannot be enabled, it may be for one of the following reasons:

• Your system administrator has disabled ICS.
  • Your computer is running a version of Microsoft Windows* that does not support ICS (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic).
  • Your computer is not currently connected to the internet. To correct this, try the following:
    1. Be sure that you do not have a wired connection. If you have an Ethernet cable plugged into your computer, unplug it.
    2. Be sure that you have Internet access. Open a browser and try accessing a web site.
    3. Turn Hotspot off and then back
0 Kudos