Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

INTEL(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 running at max. 10 Mbps.

RAhum
Beginner

Hello, if have a Dell computer with the INTEL Dual Band Wireless AC 3160 card in it. I've noticed my computer downloads and run internet very slowly after running test with my connection I realized that my card runs at max 10 Mbps (while my Internet connection is at 100 Mbps). The rest of my devices do run at 100 (cell phone, tablets and laptops). How can I configure my card to optimize my connection?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RAhum, 

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system including the operating system version, driver versions you are running, and other useful information. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer.

2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Also, please provide us with the following details:

1. How are you measuring the download speed of your computer?

2. Have you checked if this happens with a specific driver version?

3. Are you running the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver for your computer?

Try these steps:

1. If using 2.4 GHz frequency band, connect to a 5 GHz band if possible. Please check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

2. If using 2.4 GHz band, use only channels 1, 6, or 11. If using the 5 GHz band, use channels 36, 40, 44, or 48.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RAhum, 

Were you able to review the steps recommended?

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
RAhum
Beginner
Thanks for the follow-up. Unfortunately I just moved this weekend and Internet is still not working. I will have a provider technician this Thursday and hopefully I will be able to provide you with the diagnostics on Friday. Best Regards Description: RAT-01 Description: Description: cid:image007.jpg@01D2C972.6A388770Estamos a tiempo, no imprima este documento a menos que sea muy necesario Aviso de confidencialidad Este correo es para el uso exclusivo del destinatario (s) es privilegiado y. Si usted no es el destinatario original, no debe abrir, usar, publicar, distribuir, copiar o usar como base este mensaje o archivo adjunto. Si usted no es el destinatario favor de eliminarlo y avisar al emisor del mismo. Cualquier reproducción o uso indebido de la presente información está prohibid y sujeto a las sanciones correspondientes, Eximiendo a AVANZA LOOP SC de cualquier situación que se presentara virtud de lo anterior. AVANZA LOOP SC hace de su conocimiento que los datos personales con los que contamos, se manejan estrictamente para los fines dispuestos por la operación y en estricto apego a la Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en posesión de particulares, para mayor información, favor de leer nuestro aviso de privacidad en <http://www.avanzaloop.com/> www.avanzaloop.com. Privacy Notice This email is for the exclusive use of the addressee (s) it is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient , you must not open , use, publish , distribute, copy or use the basis of this message or attachment . If you are not the recipient please delete it and notify the issuer. Any reproduction or misuse of this information is prohibited and subject to the corresponding penalties, exempting AVANZA LOOP SC from any situation which has been previously mentioned.AVANZA LOOP SC assures that the personal data available to us , is strictly managed only for the purposes provided for the operation and in strict accordance with the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data held by individuals , for more information please read our privacy notice in <http://www.avanzaloop.com> www.avanzaloop.com
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RAhum,

As soon as you have any update, please let us know. 

We will be glad to further assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RAhum, 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello RAhum, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos