Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

INTEL Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz is not working for a week properly

casper-excalibur-user

Hello,

You can see my SSU attached. I am having issue with my Wi-Fi adapter for about a week. It seems like randomly works or not. I have my all up to date driver and OS patches. Everything is up to date and tried various intel drivers to make it work but no chance.

I am glad to see some others having the same issue with me, which means there should be a solution on the way for it.

Last occurence happened today a few hours ago. I had been using wi-fi today for about 5-6 hours but then suddenly it has gone and I needed to connect via cable.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello casper-excalibur-user,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201. I will be glad to assist you.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Was the wireless adapter working fine before? If so, do you remember if there was any hardware change or driver/OS update that may have triggered the issue?
  • Are you able to test if there are issues with the Bluetooth connection as well? You may connect a Bluetooth device for a certain period of time and check if the connection drops, for example.
  • Is there any error code showing on Device Manager > Network adapters > double-click on Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201? You should see a yellow sign along with it as well.

As well, please perform the following steps:

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
casper-excalibur-user

Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for your interest.

I have good news but do not want to hurry, will observe for a week.

Here are my answers to your questons:

Yes, the wireless adapter awas working fine.

My latest Windows updates are on 14th December 2022.
Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.2300
Update for MS Windows (KB5020872)
Security Update for MS Windows (KB5021233)

Bluetooth is working as expected

Yes I see error in Device Manager. When I double click, in the General tab:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

In the Event tab I see the text below

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00748086&REV_00\3&11583659&0&A3 was deleted.

Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

And device seems started according to that Events tab.

With my latest driver update, the events tab has the following records:

Device configured (netwtw08.inf)
Device started (Netwtw08)
Device configured (oem37.inf)
Device started (Netwtw10)

I doubt about the device names Netwtw08 & Netwtw10

Anyway, after noting those records for you, I proceeded by uninstalling the Wifi device by putting the tick for uninstall the system driver as well. (I had done it many times earlier and right after that I installed the latest driver and it never helped) But this time, I restarted Windows. When i logged in, my wifi was up and running.  And here are my screenshots:

casperexcaliburuser_0-1673351800654.png

casperexcaliburuser_1-1673351825146.pngcasperexcaliburuser_2-1673351872118.png

Then I visited https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

casperexcaliburuser_3-1673352012416.png

There is a driver failure and then a successful installation appears for my problematic days. At the moment that page is recommending me to update Wifi driver and I am avoiding till I will face any other issue with it.

If there may be more people having the same problem, you might be thinking of revising the latest driver update. Also as a hint; it may be regarding to a registry entry since I had seen some missing registry key alerts in my SSU export.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

We will be waiting for your update to check if the issue occurs again. For future references, you can also check the article Code 10 or Code 43 Errors in Device Manager for Bluetooth® or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/wireless-software.html)

In regard to the pending update in IDSA, what is it? You should already have the most recent released driver (22.190.0) installed.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
casper-excalibur-user

Hi again Steven,

IDSA is offering  the most recent released driver (22.190.0) as shown below

casperexcaliburuser_1-1673525607230.png

What I have is 20.10.0.7, it was installed automatically after I rebooted my laptop. Since it works fine I am not keen to update it.

casperexcaliburuser_3-1673525626744.png

Today, when I check the events tab of my Wi-Fi card I see "Netwtw10" again and suffered one time Wi-Fi de failure a few hours ago. (Please note that it says "Device NOT STARTED (Netwtw10)"

casperexcaliburuser_4-1673525652587.png

I believe that Netwtw10 appears with my today's Windows update

casperexcaliburuser_5-1673525766210.png

If you insist, I may try updating my Wi-Fi driver with 22.190.0 for your curiousity.

0 Kudos
casper-excalibur-user

Hi Steven,

It happened again

I uninstalled the device with delete the driver option. Then restarted but nothing happened, did the uninstalll device again, restarted again.  This time it is successful. I checked the driver version, now it is downgraded to 21.10.2.2 version instead of 22.10.0.7version.

casperexcaliburuser_0-1673533118735.png

casperexcaliburuser_1-1673533170200.png

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

Please confirm the following information:

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

As well, our best recommendation now is to contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos