Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

INTEL WiFi AX200 keeps disconnecting from WiFi

iMatrix7
Beginner

I have an INTEL WiFi AX200 that constantly disconnects from WIFI.

I have:
- Windows 10
- Standard router in AC mode
- Latest driver provided by INTEL.

I tried to disable the AX protocol (to AC), since my router doesn't support it yet, but NO difference. I tried with another router, and same problem.

I need help, please.
Thank you.

PS = Also, I need a way to force my card to stay on 5GHZ band. It keeps trying to put herself in a 2.4Ghz mode. Maybe because I'm too far, but it doesn't matter. I want the 5Ghz band all the time and I can't force it. I already put the "prefer 5ghz band" ON, but it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello iMatrix7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us the below information:

• Is the wireless card an integration you made to your system?
  • Provide me with the specific router model.

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
iMatrix7
Beginner

Hello,

yes, I recently purchased a PCIe card for my DESKTOP PC.

The router model is "Virgin Media Hub 3".

I attached the SSU report you asked.

Please, let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello iMatrix7,

Thank you for your response.

As you mentioned, it is an expected behavior to see the wireless disconnecting from the 5GHz network if you're too far away from the router. The range is lower in the 5 GHz band because higher frequencies cannot penetrate solid objects, such as walls and floors.

Did you try all the recommended settings from Intel*? If not, please check the following website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

The router and SSID configuration may also affect the band you selected. Please, check with the router manufacturer that you're using the proper settings on it.

Also, you can check this with the motherboard manufacturer, since you did an integration, we cannot confirm if the card and antennas are properly installed and that might be affecting the PC wireless performance.  Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may limit the computer to only specifics settings on their systems.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Rdack
Beginner

I need Windows 8.1 driver for this ax200 wifi. I cannot connect to internet!

0 Kudos
Alan_J_T
New Contributor I

@Rdack 

I need Windows 8.1 driver for this ax200 wifi. I cannot connect to internet!

Windows 10 Only device see product sheet 

Click Me 

0 Kudos
Rdack
Beginner

But it is terrible this cr.p integrated to my new motherboard, installed everything and now i need to sell the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Alan_J_T
New Contributor I

@Rdack 

Could all ways just install win 10 may be a cheaper and easier option. The WiFi 6 is quite good and also gives you Bluetooth 5 and It appears to be more stable.

I upgrade to it as I was getting drop outs with Bluetooth and WiFi that I had before with the Intel Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2. I have several Bluetooth 5 devices and they did not play nice with the 4.1.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello iMatrix7,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello @iMatrix7,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread.

Hello @Rdack,

The WiFi 6 AX200 wireless card supports only Windows 10. please check:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005602/network-and-i-o/wireless.html. Since your issue is different from the original thread, we encourage you to post it in a new thread so we can properly assist you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos