Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

INTEL Wifi Adapter disapeared in Device Manager on Windows 10

RicardoFrazao
Beginner

Hi All,

After trying to updated two Intel softwares, both failed, after the installation I noticed my Intel Wifi Adpter disapeared from the Device Manager.

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 5th/6th Generation Platforms

I lost my WiFi funtionality in my Dell laptop, every driver I try to install to fix the problem fails, I tried also Intel Driver and Support Assistant, as well it didn't work. I tried to update the driver, but the software says that the driver is already updated. 

None of the Intel softwares are  running or installing.

I tried also to run Dell Assistant to identify any problem, but this application doesn't run as well.

I have been 5 hours trying to fix the problem. No idea why the WiFi Adapter disapeared and no solution to recover it.

I hope someone can help also.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Ricardo,

I need some clarification on your post. You wrote you tried the Dell Assistant but it failed to run. Did you mean the Dell Assistant will not function, or that it functioned but does identify software that needs updating?

Please run the Intel System Support Utility and attach the resulting output. The SSU can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

That file will give detailed insight into your laptop. And what model of Dell laptop are you using?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Also, if you are looking at a WiFi issue, why are you doing anything with intel RST?

...S

0 Kudos