Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Installed ProSet for 7260 AC in Windows 10 but can not find it afterwards

MGutt
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to install version 18.21.0 and 18.32.0 (most recent) for Windows 10 64-bit. I downloaded the biggest package including the ProSet Wireless Software called "Wireless_18.32.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-f-r-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless-Software für Windows ® 10

I tried to run the setup as administrator, too. In all cases it shows the "Success"-dialog at the end of the installation. But finally I can not find the Intel ProSet Wireless Software?!

By the last try I choosed manual installation and tried to choose an installation folder. This confused me a litte bit, because I was not able to select something else then "Program Files (x86)". Shouldn't it be "Program Files" because I try to install the 64 bit version?

Where should I find the ProSet Software?

This is how the program folder looks like after I manually selected "Program Files (x86)\Intel". If I choose the default method it is the same content in the "Program Files\Intel" folder:

My notebook is a Dell L521x. After installation the device manager shows the following details:

After uninstalling as follows:

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello mgutt,

If we understand correctly, you are informing that you can no longer see the PROSet interface on Windows®10 correct? However, your picture showed the the installation was successful.

Intel always recommend to use the latest driver provided by the computer manufacturer as they were designed for the type of system you have.

0 Kudos
MGutt
Beginner

I never had the ProSet Interface before in Windows 10. I installed Windows 10 and the 7260 AC drivers only. But now I need more control over some access points and for that I need the interface, but I can not find it.

In the meantime I found in network and sharing center the option called "Intel ProSet/Wireless Tools". But if I click on it, it does only open an import dialog:

After that I found an entry in a forum that I'm able to change some settings through Status of WLAN -> Wireless properties-> activate Intel connection settings -> Mandatory Access Point:

This is what I need. But I still miss the ProSet Interface that I know from Windows 7 like adding profiles etc. Where can I find that?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

mgutt,

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software interface is no longer available on Windows®10 as this OS manages all connections.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Then why is it offered for download?

This is yet another reason why you should be making driver-only downloads available, that aren't stuck in an installer.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

GattoNero,

We are forwarding your recommendation to the proper team. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AFenw
Beginner

Hi Mgutt, I have the same problem with AC7265, Wireless Tools V33 (2016), Win 8.1

I need to be able to re-set adapter as I did before using the App in the taskbar - to get my WiFi back when it drops out - which it does regularly. Re-setting in the app always worked..

I have just installed the full v33 package for Win 8.1, 64bit which Intel say is compatible with AC7265 Chipset.

Where have my Wireless Software Tools gone???

All I get is "import Profile" same as you.

Q) Intel - whats going on? I need to be ableto re-set my adapter!

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

andyfen,

We are going to look into that and will get back to you soon since you are reporting the interface not being present on Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos