Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Installed old AC 7260 into new desktop running Windows 10, no longer able to use Bluetooth from card.

BTse0
Beginner

Transferred AC 7260 from old PC running Win 8 x64 to new pc running Windows 10 x64. System is not recognizing a Bluetooth device installed to it, although I have installed both AC 7260 Bluetooth and Wireless Adapter drivers.

Attached is SSU scan.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello BTse0, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to let you know that I have reviewed the information you have attached to the thread and I have found that you do not have the latest Windows* 10 update which could be a reason why you are having issues with the Bluetooth* and the driver you installed. Please proceed to update to the latest version (1809), if you are unable to updated it via the normal Windows* updates then please refer to the link below: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * Once the installation is complete and Windows* is fully updated, please refer to the link below to download the latest Bluetooth* driver validated to work with the latest Windows* update: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28559/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=78541 Let me know the outcome please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BTse0
Beginner

Hi David,

I've installed the new updates and updated more Windows updates after that, then installed the latest Bluetooth driver, but unfortunately still the device is not showing under Device Manager, nor on the Troubleshoot area. When prompted, it says "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try an external adapter to add Bluetooth capability to this computer."

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello BTse0, Thank you for your response. Have you checked the connection of the antennas to make sure that it was done properly? In this case there is 2 options which should be MAIN and AUX, the MAIN one is actually used for WiFi while the AUX is for the Bluetooth*, please check the connections, re-connect everything and then try again. Also, please check under device manager to see if the device shows, please post a screenshot of the device manager here. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello BTse0, Were you able to check my post? Please let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos