Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel 5300 AGN Wireless disconnect problems

CDunn
Beginner

Hi all,

I work in a local college where all our student laptops have Intel 5300 AGN wireless cards in them, we are seeing an odd issue where is the laptops battery is completely drained, and the laptop is booted up again the wireless, is turned off if I simple turn it back on with the hotkey the wireless connects and it works. Once the laptop has charge I can restart and put the laptop to sleep but it always connects back to the network.

We use a RADIUS system, I have tried updating to the latest driver and playing with the power saving settings but still has no effect.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Bugs, we will investigate this peculiar issue, if you could please provide more information regarding the system that you have, model, operating system and router information if possible.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
CDunn
Beginner

Hi,

I am using a RM Mobile One Laptop (which uses a ASUS T12AR mainboard with a Core2 duo processor). We are using it with a Windows 7 operating system and it is used on an enterprise network running a radius wireless system with CISCO AP's.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CDunn
Beginner

Hi,

are we any closer to finding an answer to this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos