Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel 6235 WiFi card (for Dell XPS 2310) loose connection, very unstable - Replacement/Alternative?

RSing18
Beginner

Hello,

I am extremely annoyed and fed up by Wifi connection on my Dell XPS All in One desktop. The Intel's 6235 Wifi card looses connection, does not connect, or just keeps disconnecting as soon as it it connects. It makes the computer unsable.

I have followed this issue on Intel's forum post (/thread/31090?start=1125&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/31090?start=1125&tstart=0) which have been going on for more than a year. They recently closed the post after posting a new version of the driver and claiming that it is fixed (even though people complained that it is not fixed).

I have uninstalled, restarted copmuter and re-installed the latest drive (and software) from Intel's website (version 17.1.0).

Now, all I want is my computer to run a stable internet connection.

Can someone suggest me a wifi card (slim profile I think) that would fit in this computer. I want to try to avoid USB wifi cards.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello ranyodh, there are some recommendations you can try prior considering hardware replacement:

In regards of the hardware we suggest contacting the system manufacturer because of the chance of hardware integration failure and because they should know the validated wireless adapter models that are compatible with your system.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

0 Kudos
RSing18
Beginner

Hello joe

• I am using WPA2-AES (for router and computer)
  • I scanned the wireless channels, and I am using channel 11 (which is not used by any other wifi signals)
  • No new firmware update for my router (DPC 3825)

I have contacted Dell's support regarding this. No answer from them yet.

Again, the reason I am posting here is to get suggestions from other people of what adapter I can use to replace Intel's one. I have spend long time trying to read ALL the posts in that other thread about this adapter (you closed that thread claiming the issue was fixed), tried everything from that post, tried everything I could find in Intel's forums.

I am just too fed up to give it another try. Just want to replace the damn thing now.

0 Kudos