Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel 7260 AC does not see 5 GHz network all the time

SRost1
Beginner

Hi

I have Sager NP6670 (Clevo W670SRQ) with Intel 7260 AC wifi card.

OS is win 8.1 64 bit freshly installed. Wifi driver is latest Intel 16.10.0.5

2.5 Ghz network i working great without any complains.

But 5 Ghz network is not visible all the time. After computer reboots 2.4 Ghz

visible immediately. 5 Ghz can appear later (or can not) and when it's visible I can

connect to it and connection pretty stable. That is not distance/wall issue because

I tried that within one room with router.

My router is ASUS RT-AC68U with latest firmware 3.0.0.4.374_4561

I appreciate any help

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Set the preferred band to 5.2 GHz on the device manager if you are using Windows to manage your WiFi. If you're using Proset software, follow this direction: go to network and sharing center -> WiFi connection (SSID) -> wireless properties -> configure -> change band to 5.2 GHz.

0 Kudos
SRost1
Beginner

Thanks for you advise. I tried that. I changed preferred band in adapter settings and in WiFi connection.

I saw 5 Ghz band and was able to connect and work for about couple of hours, but ...

It disappeared again and not visible now. 2.4 Ghz band still visible immediately after reboot.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

That seems like a driver conflict with your windows configuration. Maybe some power saving feature enabled? I have a 7260 and I NEVER had problems with the 5 ghz band. 2.4 GHz is good but there are better performers out there (more stable). Have you tried different drivers? 16.6.0.8 is a very good version for many users. 16.8.0.6 works best for my laptop though.

0 Kudos
SRost1
Beginner

I am using power 'High performance' mode with 'Wireless adapter settings' set to 'Maximum performance'

Do you know where I can download older drivers 16.6.0.8 and 16.8.0.6?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

16.8.0.6 -> http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=HRMXV Driver Details | Dell US (you might need to get the extracted drivers in order to install this using device manager, The extracted files are usually located on the C:\dell\drivers or C:\drivers directory)

16.6.0.8 -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23389 Download Center

0 Kudos
SRost1
Beginner
0 Kudos
SRost1
Beginner

With driver 16.6.0.8 it starts to work properly. It did not see 5Ghz network immediately after reboot as 2,5Ghz but after some time and holding connection very good.

Hope Intel eventually make good drivers for this card.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you so much for letting us know about this. A new wireless driver version will be released soon.

0 Kudos