Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel 7260 dual band firmware install on debian based linux

Alfredovitch
Beginner

Hello,

i downloaded iwlwifi-7260_14.ucode to /lib/firmware, but then i have no idea on how to load this firmware into the kernel, it is said on the README file to look into the documentation, but i can't figure out where to find it, i know the manpages, but, if someone could make me get it faster than looking up to the manpages and linux documentation maybe ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Alfredovitch

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

For Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, you can download the proper firmware from the following link*:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi

Regarding how to install the firmware after the right version is downloaded, please follow these instructions:

1. Copy the files into the distribution-specific firmware directory, /lib/firmware.
  2. If the directory doesn't work, refer to your distribution documentation.
  3. If you configure the kernel yourself, make sure firmware loading is enabled.

We support the use of the drivers only in the kernel version the driver was a part of. For more information, please refer to Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Alfredovitch

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Alfredovitch

We would like to know if you need further assistance. Since we have not heard back from you we will be closing this thread soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos