Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel 8260 dual band wireless - No internet connection on WIFI network

DamianJ
Beginner

Good day,

at our offices, we have three Dell Latitude E5570's with the Intel 8260 dual band wireless cards. These 3 laptops have the same issue of not being able to connect to the wireless network. At first we thought that it was limited to one laptop, making us believe that it was a hardware issue, but after reloading windows on the other laptops, we confirmed that they show the same problem. 

The laptops have a problem connecting to our corporate wireless network. When connecting, the device says it is connected to the network, but webpages do not load (says no internet connection) and we can not ping 8.8.8.8, neither can we ping any internal device (such as default gateway and devices)

The odd thing is that they seem to work fine on a hotspot from a mobile device (Huawei p20) and internet connection works. 

We ran a wlan report using "netsh wlan show wlanreport" via cmd and one of the errors are: a WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.
Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\IntelWifiIhv06.dll

Our steps were: format, loaded Windows 10 N, version 20H2, build 19042.868. After the clean format, we installed firmware drivers and chipset drivers from the dell site, following that the wifi driver from the intel site. 

I have attached the intel SSU file and a screenshot of the wlan report

Assistance will be appreciated in this. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DamianJ
Beginner

Update: 

Loaded driver 20.80.0.9269 (3/09/2018) from the dell website and the laptop can connect to our wireless network. 

How do I confirm that it is the latest driver update that is causing the issue? And if it is the driver, how do I escalate this to intel so that they can fix this?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

DamianJ, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, we always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Based on the SSU report, actually, the Wireless driver version currently installed in your system is version: 20.70.21.2.

I looked on Dell's website and the latest Wireless driver available for your Dell Latitude E5570 is version 22.20.0.6, A34, which is the driver version tested and validated by dell for your system. You can always try a clean installation of this driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=66tc1&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-e5570-laptop

"How do I confirm that it is the latest driver update that is causing the issue?" By installing Wireless driver version 22.20.0.6, A3, if the problem comes back then you can confirm that it is due to the driver update.

And if it is the driver, how do I escalate this to intel so that they can fix this? By getting in contact directly with Dell to report this scenario and they will get in contact directly with Intel®:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello DamianJ, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DamianJ
Beginner

Hi Albert, 

Sorry for the late response. 

I loaded a clean install of Win 10 on the Latitude 5570, then installed chipset drivers followed by network drivers and the WIFI driver found on the link that you posted above. But still, I can not connect to the wireless network. It keeps switching between "Connected, secured" and "no internet, secured". 

I tried to run the windows network diagnostics, which was not able to find any problem.

I have attached the SSU file

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi DamianJ, No problem at all, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer, when did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello DamianJ, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello DamianJ, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos