Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 8260NGW detailed function of the two RF antenna ports 1 and 2

idata
Employee

Hello,

what is the function of the two RF antenna ports 1 and 2 ?

I would use this module in a wired e.o.l. system test and I have to test a dual BT/WiFi single connector module.

Thanks

N.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

NicolaP,

Keep in mind that the installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. In certain countries, these products can only be installed in systems that have a system-level regulatory approval.

Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may also limit the computer to only specific wireless adapters, causing an installation error when booting with a different than the pre-installed wireless adapter.

If you're a developer, we can recommend registering in our Resource & Design Center in order to request in order to obtain support for your specific request. For your convenience, here is the link: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/design-assistance.html Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance - Request Design Assistance

and http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/embedded-design-center.html Hardware, Software, and solutions for Embedded and IoT Developers

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

thanks for the answer.

The module is installed on Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 867MBit Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4.0 modulo PCIe, Bluetooth 4.0.

I don't need to modify it just install on PC; I'm not a developer.

I have another device that had only one output based on uBlox WiFi / BT module and I would just know the high level function of the two ports because I have to connect it on one of the two ports.

Let's say port 1 -> WiFi & BT antenna ? dual band ? port 2 -> diversity WiFi ?

Thanks.

N.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NicolaP,

We are going to check this on our end. In the mean time, we also recommend to engage Gigabyte Support for additional support as well on this specific information.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NicolaP,

Thank you for your time. We do appreciate it. Here is the information on the antennas.

Antenna 1 is dedicated to Wi-Fi and antenna 2 is shared with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth* and it is implemented in a way that optimizes RF (Radio Frequency) performance.

From this point on, please consult with Gigabyte* for additional information on this matter.

best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NicolaP,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you have any more questions about the antenna functionalities.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sorry for the delay.

The answer is ok for me; we will try with this configuration:

ANT1 -> 50 Ohm load

ANT2 -> our device under test with 30dB attenuation.

This should work because our device uses just one RF to multiplex BT and WiFi.

Another configuration could be:

our device under test-> 30dB of attenuation -> 3dB splitter in

3dB splitterout1 -> ANT1

3dB splitterout2 -> ANT2

At the moment I don't need to contact Gigabyte. Both configuration are safe.

As far I do the test I will write the answer.

Thanks a lot.

Nicola

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NicolaP,

We are glad to know the answer we have provided helped you to clear your doubts. If you ever need our assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. In order to make sure you will always find a away to contact us, through this link you can explore other ways of contacting us. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Intel Contact Support

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos