Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Intel 8260NGW with AP Cisco 2800

LSpot
Beginner

Hi guys,

I'm writing to you if you have advice for a weird problem I have here with a bunch of new Lenovo Yoga P40 (with wireless card Intel 8260NGW) working on wireless.

This is the problem:

• When the computers join an access point Cisco 1040 and radio 801.11bn, no problem: download fast (30/50 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • When the computers join an access point Cisco 2800, the radio move to 801.11ac: download slow (0.5 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • I forced the wireless card to radio 801.11bc: download slow (0.5 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • I tried dozen of advice from forum and website in internet, changing wireless card settings, removing app: download slow (0.5 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • I tried to change the wireless card with an Intel 7265NGW, nothing better
  • I updated the controller to IOS 8.4.100.0, nothing better
  • I reset Windows 10, nothing better
  • I installed Wndows 10 by scratch, all fixed

Have you ever seen something like that in your experience?

Thank you

Luciano

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Luciano,

We've had a few reports of connectivity issues after the Windows® 10 Creators update. In addition to what you have tried, you might want to consider the following actions, as they have worked for other users:

1. Disable RSC and Packet coalescing: /thread/114823 Intel 8260 + HP ZBook Studio G3 Connection issues. Somewhat driver dependent.

2. Change the Default Maximum Segment Size in the Wireless controller: /thread/115425 Low download speed with AC 8260.

Please check the related threads for details and let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Luciano,

Please let us know if there has been any progress about this issue.

We recommend you to make sure your Windows* is up to date, including patch KB4022716. Other users have reported that it address connectivity issues at the OS level.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos