Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel 8265 Dual Band Wifi adapter is resetting frequently

Surajit
Beginner

Hi,

I am facing frequent disconnection issue for my Intel Dual Band 8265 wifi adapter. This wifi adapter was preinstalled with my Asus laptop. I have intel driver assistance installed and all of the drivers are up to date.  I am facing this issue intermittently, maybe once or twice every hour. I have already tried by uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drive, but the issue still exists.

The errors from windows system logs are :--

1.  Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

2. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.

3. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

The event log from Windows 10 Event Viewer is attached. Can you please help me to resolve this annoying wifi issue.

Regards,
Surajit

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Surajit 

1. Try clean installation of Bluetooth an WiFi drivers:

2. Download the latest BT Driver BT_21.110.0_64_Win10.exe  and the latest WiFi driver package WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip  Unzip the WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip on your drive (I'm assuming that you have 64 bit Windows 10. In case that your have other Windows installation, chose the relevant driver).

3. In the Device Manager > Network Adapters click on BT adapter and chose Uninstall (check the "Delete this software... option). Do the same for WiFi driver. Reboot your computer.

4. Install the BT driver.

5. In the Device Manager click on the default WiFi driver and chose Update. Browse to the directory with the unzipped WiFi Driver and continue with installation.

6. Reboot your laptop.

Leon

0 Kudos
Surajit
Beginner

Thanks @LeonWaksman for your suggestion. I have followed that, but still facing the same network adapter reset issue.

Another thing I have noticed that if I connect using 5 GHz then it is giving bluescreen error while resetting. Because of that I have recently done a memory test and disk test and found that RAM and SSD is OK. If connected using 2.4 GHz then it is only resetting the adapter and during that time for a few seconds, internet connection is disrupted.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Surajit, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to get more information from your system so we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. What is the full Blue screen of death (BSOD) error that you are getting when you change the band to 5 GHz?  

3. Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

4. Is it a brand new computer?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Surajit,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Surajit,   

We did not receive the information requested, so we can't ensure the root cause of this. Based on what you reported at the beginning that this is the original adapter of your computer, is giving you BSODs, and you tried reinstalling the driver successfully, this can be a hardware problem. 

Therefore, I will highly recommend you checking with your system manufacturer (OEM) for more help with a hardware inspection. 

I will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, please submit a new thread as this one will not be monitored by Intel anymore. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos