Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 9260 Bluetooth missing in Win10

idata
Employee

I recently installed Intel 9260 and it worked perfectly for 2 days. Then the Bluetooth icon https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS783US783&q=disappeared&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil9Z24wavaAhUi44MKHd4gAA4QkeECCCYoAA disappeared from the sys tray and on button was completely gone from Windows Settings/Devices.

Within device Bluetooth is also gone unless I show hidden devices. I uninstalled all hidden Bluetooth devices and reinstalled but i still do have Bluetooth in device manager hidden or not. I've also tried the below post from another post but still no Bluetooth.. I have also tried win10 image restore from the initial working install which also did not work. I will include my ssu file if you can help please advise

1. Download and save the latest drivers:
    1. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Latest Bluetooth and Wireless drivers.
  2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless and Bluetooth Software.
    1. Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
    2. Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
    3. When prompted, choose to discard settings.
  3. Uninstall your Bluetooth and wireless driver. Windows* with an inbox driver may natively support some wireless adapters. You cannot uninstall an inbox driver. Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it's uninstalled.
    1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Bluetooth category.
    3. Right-click your Intel Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Follow the same steps for your Intel Wireless adapter found at the Network Adapters category.
  4. Clear out your temporary files.
    1. Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
    2. Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
    3. Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
    4. Press OK and wait.
  5. Reboot your computer.
  6. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator and follow the wizard to completion. Make sure you install the Bluetooth drivers first before installing the wireless drivers
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello SergioMdk,

We understand you have recently installed an Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 on your Windows® 10 computer, but have recently lost the ability to detect the Bluetooth® module on your adapter.

Please note that support for custom wireless integrations or upgrades on laptop systems is limited, as these parts are not always customer upgradeable, requiring OEM approval before installation.

If reinstalling your whole operating system did not help, then it's very probable that your wireless adapter may have failed. However, we can still suggest the following:

1. Perform clean installation of drivers one more time, installing latest drivers in order: first Bluetooth®, then WiFi.

2. Reseat the adapter: Shut your system down, physically remove adapter and visually inspect pins and connector to ensure they're both free of debris, reinstall back into computer.

In order for us to review your system information, please save the report generated using the Intel® System Support Utility tool, then upload the resulting text file (*.txt).

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos