Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel 9260 - not working with ASRock Model B460 Pro4

Dv234
Beginner

Everything is being detected fine in the Intel Driver Support Utility, but I cannot connect to WIFI and its not detecting Bluetooth connections properly.

1. Already tried to reinstall it. 

2. Tried to remove all files for windows installation for the driver and reinstall.

Should be a faulty chip right? 

Event log looks like this. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Dv234

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Please elaborate more regarding when you mentioned: "cannot connect to WIFI and it's not detecting Bluetooth connections properly."

• Do you see/detect Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth devices but cannot connect? Or are the networks not even detected?
  • Is there any error message when trying to connect?
  • Do you see any error code or error message under Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Wireless Adapter >> Properties or Bluetooth section?

2- Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install it on the motherboard? This is since when checking the motherboard website for ASRock* B460 Pro4 we don't find any reference to a built-in Wireless card nor WiFi drivers.

3- Did the wireless and Bluetooth connection work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the computer?

4- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dv234
Beginner

Hi AndrewG,

• No I do not see any WiFi. However when I turn on Bluetooth and let it scan, it detects the item something but it will not connect.
  • No error message
  • Such a device doesn't exist on my system.

2. I installed it after buying it from Amazon, motherboard doesn't have WiFI built in

3.  Since the first day

4. Not that I know of

4. Has never worked, happened immediately

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you installed the latest Intel Bluetooth and Intel Wireless driver packages? If not, please do so.

...S

0 Kudos
Dv234
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to the SSU report, you haven't installed the Intel Bluetooth driver package. This can cause issues for Wireless since they share TX/RX circuitry. Install it, reboot and then check connectivity afterwards.

...S

0 Kudos
Dv234
Beginner

I have installed it, its just disabled in Device Manager.  See the picture. 

I just realised it says Error in status for bluetooth even when I turn it on in Device Manager and remove my usb bluetooth adapter. 

I reinstalled latest drivers and it doesn't work. Most likely a chip issue.  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In that case, try doing a clean install.

Here is proper process for performing a clean WLAN Install: 

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not try to install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30279 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30326.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9260. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9260 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Dv234

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the recommendations provided by the community.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Dv234

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

If the issue persists and considering this is a Wireless Integration, our recommendation is to check this further with ASRock* Support for additional debugging and assistance.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos