Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

Intel AC 3168 won't connect to 5GHZ "N" router any faster than 150. Other devices connect at 300 (or 450 with certain hardware) to same router. Internet connection slows to unusable pace.

KStro5
Beginner

ASRock ITX board with built in Intel AC 3168. Two antennas which I assume means it has two channels and could do N 300. AC seems OK, but I need to use N at times.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. The AC 3168 is capable to work in this speed. The max speed for 802.11ac WiFi connection is 433 Mbps. Your router should be set to 80MHz channel band width (for example channels 42, 58, 106, 122, 138, 155)
  2. The AC 3168 has two antennas: one is used for 5 MHz WiFi and the second for 2.4MHz WiFi + BT.

Leon

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KStro5,

Let me know if you need more assistance and provide me with the following information:

1. What is the wireless mode the Intel Wireless adapter is using? Advanced Wi-Fi adapter settings
  2. What is the complete model number of the router?
  3. When did this issue start to happen? Driver or OS update?

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KStro5,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos