Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel -AC 7260 \ Intel Wireless ProSet 17.0.3.2

lnani
Beginner

I'm just wondering what date will the Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software Version 17.0.3.2 be made available on here....

I'm currently using the Intel -AC 7260 card and along with most people are being made to suffer with the various issues that seem

to blight this card since it's release last year.

I'm still having problems with download speeds... 32mbps in the 2.4 ghz band.... 42mbps in the 5 ghz band.... { 54mbps Ethernet connection )

Tried 17.0.2.5 drivers but no joy there so went back to 17.0.0.34 as I found them more stable.

I've also re-tested the Intel Centrino -N 2230 card and get download speeds of 52mbps in the 2.4 ghz band.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi cantona,

Thanks for sharing this information. From our side the latest PROSet version is 17.0.2 and it is available at the download page

This version maybe available for OEM only but I regret to say we have no information about this. I recommend you checking the download page http://www.downloadcenter.Intel.com/ www.downloadcenter.Intel.com or the http://newsroom.intel.com/ http://newsroom.intel.com/ for future releases.

0 Kudos
lnani
Beginner

Just testing out the latest Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software Version 17.0.3.2 with the Intel -AC 7260 card...

I'm delighted so far as regards to download speeds, my latest tests show a vast improvement in both 2.4ghz & 5ghz bands with 54mbps across the board....

Hopefully if these latest drivers prove to be more stable than the previous editions in all the other areas then were certainly on the right track.... fingers crossed... time will tell..

but in the mean time, well done Intel

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

I just downloaded 17.0.3 and installed it and I am not impressed. At my College campus you can only get 802.11 N speed if you have a dual band card. if you only have a single band card you can only get 802.11 G speed. well I have the Intel AC 7260 card installed in my laptop and I check the status of my connection to my schools network and it says 54Mbps. When was using 17.0.2 it was reading 300Mpbs. Which is true 802.11N speed. I have attached a screen shot of the new showing that I have 17.0.3 installed. Please how can we fix this issue. I want my 300 Mbps back..

0 Kudos
lnani
Beginner

Just to report back that the drivers are appearing to be stable up to present...

@ rob99999 have u tried disabling U-APSD support.?

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

Cantona,

I just tried that and it still did not change it. It is still connecting to the APs at 54Mbps. Any other suggestion.

0 Kudos
lnani
Beginner

Here are my settings for the AC 7260 driver version 17.0.3.2

Just run another download speed test.... the connection has been stable all day @

300 Mbps.

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

I tried this driver after seeing good results here. Internet prices here at SoCal is ridiculous so I only get 15/1 plan from TWC which I don't have problems achieving that speed consistently with the previous drivers. However, with this driver plus u-aspd disabled, I get incredibly low jitter scores from pingtest.net from closest server to far servers like UK! This driver is a keeper for me and a worth successor to my previous 16.8.0.6 drivers.

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

I have even gone to a local public library which I know to have a dual band 802.11N network and I still only get 54Mpbs.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I would recommend you changing the security settings either on the Router or windows using the PROSet or the Windows options by changing the TKIP encryption to AES. This will improve the speed of the connection.

Here you have a very informative link:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/cs-025643.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/cs-025643.htm

0 Kudos
lnani
Beginner

I agree with Kevin, make sure security settings are set to WPA2-PSK(AES)

Everything so far is Tickety-boo regards connection speed, download speed test and following on from theveterans ping test results

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

Well Kevin,

I would first like to say that the public Library did not have any security. It is a wide open public access. I also would like to inform you that my college has WPA2-Enterpise Which i believe is better then WPA2 (AES). This has to do with something about the new update because Everyother driver version i can get 300Mbps but now i am only getting 54Mbps.

0 Kudos
lnani
Beginner

Hi Rob

I know it must be 'doing your head in' with having your connection speed of only 54Mbps instead of 300Mbps...

Here's the steps I took installing the 17.0.3.2 drivers...

1. I first disabled the old Intel -AC 7260 card wifi driver and Bluetooth drivers in device manager and made sure they were also disconnected in network connection section under change adapter settings.

2. I then uninstalled .the Intel PROSet/Wireless software followed by uninstalling the Intel PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth software ( I used Revo uninstaller for these steps).

3. I then ran Ccleaner to get rid of anything that was left over including left over registry entries followed by rebooting my laptop.

4. I then installed the latest Intel PROSet/Wireless software 17.0.3.2 followed by disabling U- APSD support in the advanced driver settings.

5. I then rebooted my laptop and checked on connection speed which was showing as 300Mbps, followed by doing a download speed test and a ping test to make sure all was well.

6. I then did another reboot followed by installing the latest Intel PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth software.

7. Finally another reboot followed by further checks and tests as mentioned above.

I would like to point you to an article I came across http://www.nowiressecurity.com/articles/wirelessn_80211n_troubleshooting_fixing_tips.htm Wireless wi-fi 802.11n troubleshooting fixing tips

I hope this helps in some way or another.

Good luck

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

Cantona,

Thanks for the help but I do not think it is going to work. I did a clean install of windows 7 last night and the first thing I did was install 17.0.3.2. So I know that there is no other version of the drivers on the computer. And today at my College campus it still read only 54Mbps. Before 17.0.3.2 it would always connect at 300Mbps. There is something wrong with this drivers now that I have installed these drivers it will not connect at 300Mbps. if I could get that speed with 17.0.2.5 then that tells me that it is something with the drivers. I have even tried at a public library that was an open network no WiFi security setting and still only go 54Mbps. I know that my card is dual band because at the library I could see there 5Ghz network and connect to it.

0 Kudos
KPane
Beginner

Running 17.0.3.2 as well, moved on from 16.6.0.8 - Also so far so good, so much better than the previous 17.* drivers. Definitely increase in performance and stability.

Stable connection on AC - 866.7Mbps, no dropouts and definitely no dropouts on load. Hopefully drivers will only get better from here on out.

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

cantona

I have matched your setting and still having the same issue. It will only connect tot he access point at 54Mbps.

0 Kudos
lnani
Beginner

Just updated to latest driver (17.0.5.8) and used the same settings as I did in the previous driver (17.0.3.2).... Looking good so far but will monitor as regards to dropping wifi signal when returning from sleep mode which was the case every now and then with driver 17.0.3.2

0 Kudos