Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 Bluetooth Not Working

RWilk1
Beginner

***System Summary Attached***

Hello,

I would really like some help to resolve Bluetooth issues regarding the Intel AC 7260 desktop wireless adapter card I am trying to use.

I can get wireless internet working, no problem; The Bluetooth however, I cannot figure out for the life of me.

I can see an unknown USB device listed in Device Manager.

I've downloaded/updated drivers from Intel's website and from the software provided on the disk (i.e. WiFi & WiDi).

The instruction booklet provided is elementary at best. Almost no text is given and complete install is is outlined in only 5, instructo-art style pictures.

I know one of the main issues is incorrect connection of the Bluetooth cable to the front panel USB header pin set on the motherboard.

My motherboard has 4 different USB connection pin arrays.

The first two are paired together on the opposite end of the board and are intended to connect to the case's 2 pairs of USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports.

The second pair of USB connection pin arrays are identical to the ones the instruction booklet outlines.

I've tried using both of these ports, and have tried plugging in the connector both forwards and backwards on each, just to be sure (instructions are not very clear).

I'm at my wits end, please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rdubwilkins,

We understand you've experiencing some issues setting up your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop.

To start from the bottom, it's important to make sure that you're using the latest wireless and Bluetooth® drivers:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26465 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26419 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10

Aside from that, the Bluetooth* Cable needs to be plugged into an USB 2.0 header. I noticed that you're using a Gigabyte* Z170X-Gaming 3* motherboard. In this particular model, the cable may be plugged into the "F_USB1" or "F_USB2" headers (see picture).

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
RWilk1
Beginner

I have resolved the issue. And for the record I am quite certain ONLY F_USB1 and F_USB2 can be used. I basically re-plugged the connection in, disabled the device, uninstalled the device, and restarted a few times and it magically started working for some reason. Nothing I hadn't already tried but for whatever reason it worked this time. Thank you for the effort to troubleshoot this for me, though.

idata
Employee

Hello rdubwilkins,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

If you need further assistance, just let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

rdubwilkins,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue been resolved? If not, please let us know, as we'll be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos