Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Intel AC-7260 Constantly Disconnects / Disables

ETimm1
Beginner

Over the past couple of days, my wireless adapter has been dropping connection within 10 minutes to an hour after I boot up my PC. I'm not 100% certain that the adapter is getting disabled, but the last time I lost connection, I went into the device manager and the adapter was disabled.

I've read around and tried a couple of different things:

• Used different driver version (17.0, 18.20, latest 21.0);
  • Changing different settings in the adapter properties (Transmit Power, Roaming Aggressiveness, etc.)

I'm not sure what else to try. No other device on my network has this issue. I also don't get the 400 Mbps download that I get on other devices even though I used to. I'm not sure what logs to provide here, but I'll provide files if needed.

Update: After I lost connection, I went into Event Viewer and found a warning about the wireless adapter resetting. Not sure if this is the problem, though.eventViewer.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello ETimm1, Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. When experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity drops and slow Upload/Download speed, we recommend checking the following information: 1. Make sure the Access Point (AP) or Wi-Fi router supports the 5 GHz frequency band, and is configured for 11ac mode. 2. Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html 3. Check if the AP/router is running the latest firmware. 4. Check for sources of interference (other wireless devices). 5. We recommend you use the latest driver of your system manufacturer. 6. Change the Preferred Band to 2.4 GHz or 5Ghz for testing purposes. If using 5 GHz band, try using channels 36, 40, 44, or 48. We recommend testing 5 GHz if the AP/router also supports the 5 GHz frequency band. Hope this helps! Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello ETimm1, I'd like to know if the steps provided were useful to fix the issue. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello ETimm1, If you have any questions, please contact us at any time. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos