I have a wireless adapter from intel in my custom PC, and it has bluetooth. Currently the wifi works, and the bluetooth is not even detected in devices. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bluetooth cable, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (both the wifi and bluetooth ones), making sure I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 64-bit. The wireless adapter is being detected in device manager so it seems like it should be working.
Intel core 15-4690k
Evga gtx 750 ti
asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 motherboard
Does anyone know a fix to this??
Has the Bluetooth* ever worked before? if so, you may want to look into the option to restore your system to a point where it worked. External Bluetooth* adapters may damage permanently the Bluetooth* capabilities of the adapter.
Currently, there are two AC versions for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. They are the following: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-deskto... Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop and http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth*
To learn more about these products, here is the product brief of each one of these specific adapters:
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-726... Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* - PRODUCT BRIEF
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-726... Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop - PRODUCT BRIEF
If you are using a product that is meant to laptops on a desktop, you may experience inconsistencies with Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi*.
In order to assist you further, please take a look at this link:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html Frequently Asked Questions about Bluetooth® Technology as it may contain information that might help you resolve this situation.
Here are some other tips that you may try since you have informed that you tried the latest drivers to no avail. If possible, let us know the driver version you currently have installed
1. If not necessary, remove any software that may interfere with Bluetooth*
2. Access this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ offered by Microsoft* where it provides important information regarding Bluetooth* not detected in "Device Manager"
Well I have not used the Bluetooth functionality before because I had no need for it, but recently I got a few Bluetooth capable accessories and decided to install the Bluetooth cable and drivers. Yes I am using the desktop edition with the triangular antenna. I already used that Microsoft support page and tried everything and it did not work, and I already uninstalled all Bluetooth drivers and reinstalled them(multiple times). I am not sure what driver I am using( I'm on mobile right now), but I used the Intel driver updating program for Windows 10 and the driver should be the latest as I last reinstalled the drivers yesterday. Any other way I can try to fix this?
Could you please confirm if you have this driver version: 19.00.1621 -https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26067/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 let us know as soon as you can.
Based on your last piece of information we would like to confirm if you have had the opportunity to try a clean installation of the drivers for the adapter? If not, please, follow these instructions.
1. Download and save: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26171/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 version 19.1.0
2. Then, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Let us know if this worked for you.
Could you please check this link:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006810.html Bluetooth® Not Functional on Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop as it may contain information that might help you resolve this situation. Please, let us know if this helped you.