Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 Hostednetwork only support 8 clients

JHu21
Beginner

using cmd "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" to run a hosted network. Its max number client is 100. But it only supports 8 client connections. Could someone explain why?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello jiuxiang,

Please note that by default the maximum clients allowed by the Operating System is 100 but this can be limited by the Access Point.

I personally have tested this wireless card and from my side is showing 100 Clients.

Please try connecting to another router for testing purposes since this could be a network configuration issue.

Kevin M

JHu21
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

When using "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", it also show that the max number of clients is 100. But the 9th mobile device cannot connect it when there are 8 device that already connect to AP.

Thanks,

Jiuxiang

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee
  1. By default and most of times the max clients is 100 but this can be limited by the Router or access point.

Please try connecting to another router for testing purposes since this could be a network configuration issue.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JHu21
Beginner

Thanks Kevin,

I solved this problem by setting the maximum peers as 8. Otherwise it may cause BSOD.

0 Kudos