Good evening everyone !
My girlfriend has an old defiance 2 with the wi fi adapter Inter AC 7260 and lately she started having awful lag spikes in online games like League of Legends. We both tried same wi fi network to make sure it wasn't the network itself being problematic but I get about 50-70 ms and she goes as high as 500 even for minutes at a time.
I tried reinstalling the windows and it worked for a few days. Then I tried unistalling and reinstalling the latest drivers. It didn't work at all.
I even tried this fix I found on a forum :
"- 802.11n channel Width for 2.4Ghz conenctions to 20mhz ONLY (Defualt is Auto)
- Prefered Band 2.4Ghz (Defualt is Auto)
- Roaming Agressiveness 1. Lowest (Defualt is 3. Medium)
- Wireless mode 802.11b/g (Defualt is 802.11a/b/g)" but it didn't work at all. Sometimes she gets spikes for about 5 seconds with the highest being 399 ms and then it gets back to 60-70. But this is still awful because a second in a team game can make the difference between win and loss.
The laptop also has a GTX 970M, intel I7 4710 HQ, 16 gb ram, CLEVO P65_P67SE (socket 0) motherboard.
Any ideas for a fix ?
Worth mentioning is that we tried 3 different wi fi networks with the same result.
We understand that you're experiencing ping spikes when connecting to Wi-Fi on your Defiance 2* laptop.
You mentioned the behaviour showed up recently. Do you remember if anything changed in the system when the ping spikes started (new software installed, system updates, etc.)?
For now, please test the following recommendations:
- Install the Windows* inbox wireless drivers (before you proceed, please download the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki... Intel generic or OEM driver in case you need to reinstall):
- Disable feature that may interfere with wireless connection:
We haven't heard from you since the creation of the thread. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.