Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 bluetooth and wifi problems on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

Rogereanu
Beginner

hello everyone and sorry in advance for my bad english. this complain will be posted on Lenovo, Intel and Microsoft forums. i reach the boilling point with my problem.

i have a lenovo yoga 2 pro from 2017, with an intel N 7260 wi-fi (only 2.4ghz)+bluetooth, that was so problematic. i used for 3 years only wi-fi,cos if the bluetooth was enabled, my wi-fi signal will drop to 1/2 bar and the internet speed was at 5% from when the bluetooth was disabled. anywas, i was able to use it like that until this year, but now i got a new office and got myself a microsoft designer keyboard and a razer (wifi/bluetooth) mouse. so long story short i upgraded my Intel N to and Intel AC 7260 (dual band wifi+bluetooth) but i still got alot of issues no matter what driver i got installed (got one set of drivers from lenovo site, one from intel and one from windows update). no matter what i got on, my bluetooth accesories will disconnect from time to time, and some times will not connect back, even after i close and open again the bluetooth, some time i need to uninstall the driver and install back to be able to use my mouse and keyboard on bluetooth. but that's not everything, after i put back the drivers and bluetooth start working, my laptop will not connect to my-fi and i got to do the same thing (uninstall/install *any drivers)
this year i watch every reddit forum or other forum from the internet and a lot of people got this issue with the wi-fi card, no matter if is the standard Intel N 7260 or if is the upgraded Intel AC 7260 cos that's all that's working on lenovo yoga 2 pro, cos from what i read they are whitelited from bios.

so let me be clear with my bad english, i really really REALLY tried everything from the internet, from reg. edits to...you name it, i even tried to disable the 5ghz network from the card, or the 2.4ghz and work with just the other one...still got my bluetooth disconnected/icon disapear - cant connect my mouse and keyboard back - unistall the drivers - install the drivers back- connect my bluetooth m&k - wont connect to wi-fi, uninstall the wi-fi, install back any driver (lenovo, intel, windows update) and this is happening 2 or 3 times per day. most of the time (aprox 4 5 time per hour) will only dissconect my bluetooth m&k but im able to connect them back. the same thing with the wi-fi !

i repeat: im not the only one with this problem and we need and driver update or a bios update where we can install whatever wi-fi card we want.

the laptops is pretty much still good for office usage, battery still working great (but most of the time is in conservation mode), its shame that

PS: i even get a replacement for my first Intel AC 7260 cos i was thinking that that was the problem, but nope...no matter what i do...what driver i install, what i can check or uncheck, wich register i edit...

PLEASE HELP...i cant do this again until the end of the week...

PPS: i repeat myself: I TRIED EVERYTHING

intel ac7260 lenovo drivers
wi-fi: 18.33.17.1
bluetooth: 17.1.1529.1613

intel drivers
wifi: 21.10.1
bluetooth: 21.10.1.1

windows update

bluetooth 20.100.5.1

(i got my windows 10 64 up to date every day)

PPPS:
when i use my 2.4ghz wifi is even worse that on 5ghz, when the bluetooth dissconects..it will not connect back until i uninstall/install everything.
as a final note, i can use my mouse with the 2.4ghz dongle (not using bluetooth connection) but i need bluetooth keyboard cos i only got 1 usb 2.0 and one usb 3.0 on my laptop.

please, i need something to fix this issue cos it (**word removed**) everything and im sick and tired of it...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rogereanu

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Considering that you mentioned that you have been having Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues even since the original pre-installed wireless card (Intel® Wireless-N 7260) was in your system, have you checked this with Lenovo* Support to verify if this could be related to a specific software, BIOS or hardware issue? (perhaps a problem with the connector/slot on the motherboard or with the antennas?)

2- Did you review directly with Lenovo* Support to confirm the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is 100% compatible with your system or if any BIOS update/setting, firmware update, or any other step(s) would be required to allow a good-working and correct wireless integration¹?

3- When these issues happen, is there any error message on the Windows notification area or any Error Code in Device Manager (either for the Wireless card or the Bluetooth)?

4- Just to make sure, were you able to have your wireless/Bluetooth connection in a normal/expected performance before using the new Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260? Or are you having these issues since the first day that you integrated the wireless card?

5- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Note:

1- Please be aware that the installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. When an end-user installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rogereanu

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Rogereanu
Beginner
You guys make my post hidden for a week, and i keep asking you why and no answer.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rogereanu

Thank you for your response. We do apologize if you have experienced an issue posting answers to the community.

When you say "your post was made hidden", do you mean your answers to our questions are hidden? Could you please double-check or try to post one more time? (Perhaps it was captured as "Spam" due to some links or typo).

Note: You may post in this thread in case you have a question or issue regarding the Community platform: Is there an Issue with the Forums? Let me know!

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rogereanu

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Rogereanu

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos