Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 bluetooth: can't receive on Shuttle mini-PC a file sent from Samsung GS5 smartphone

xvign
Novice

Hi !

I equiped in december 2014 a Shuttle XH97V mini-PC with an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 mini card.

This mini-PC has Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits as OS.

I installed the following drivers from Intel:

- Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1 V. 17.13.11 (name of file: Wireless_17.13.11_De164.exe)

- Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth technology for Windows 8.1 V. 17.1.1409.01 (name of file: WP-BT_17.1.1409.01-e164.exe).

This card is almost fully functional on the barebone: for instance I can use WiFi to access Internet, I can also use a Plantronics Marque 2 Bluetooth Headset.

I encounter a problem when using Bluetooth to communicate between the mini-PC and Samsung smartphones (either Galaxy S3 or Galaxy S5): I can pair the PC and the smartphone, I can send a file from the PC to the smartphone (on the smartphone a pop-up appears asking me if I agree to receive a file and the file is transferred as soon as I say "yes") but I cannot receinve on the PC a file sent from the smartphone.

To give more details, I select for instance a picture on my phone, I touch the picture and decide to send it by bluetooth, a list of possible devices (paired) appears on the phone screen and I select the PC thus initiating the transfer...and in fact nothing happens on the PC, not even a window opens to ask if I accept a transfer coming from the paired smartphone. To see a little more, on the PC monitor, I can go on the right side of the Windows task bar and ask to display bluetooth parameters; once on this bluetooth parameters window, I select the rightset tab "shared folders" and then "open reception window"; then I have a new window "received files"; on this window, as soon as I send the file on the smartphone a line appears giving the name of the file to be transferred, and saying "user request" (therefore, the PC and smartphone communicate) but nothing happens (size of the file is not edited) and finally "user request" is replaced by "not received".

Does someone have a clue to make this transfer work ? The PC and the smartphone communicate as stated above, but the file seems blocked...(it is weird that no window pops up on the PC to ask if I accept the transfer...).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I see you are missing the options to receive or send a file.

Please uninstall the current version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology and install the previous one. Please let me know about the results.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology

View solution in original post

6 Replies
xvign
Novice

Nobody to answer this question ?

I did some more research myself; it leads me to ask my question in a different way;

when I try to send a file from my smartphone, why on my mini-PC no window pops-up, as it should, to ask if the PC user agrees for the file coming from the smartphone to be transferred to the PC ?

This window doesn't pop up, and of course, as a result, the transfer fails after a while as there was no answer to the question asked...

Is it a problem with Windows 8.1 ? (I verified that W8.1 installed on my mini-PC doesn't need any repair though)

Is it a problem with the Intel driver ? (or a problem with the way the driver has been installed on the mini-PC ?)

What prevents this window to pop-up as it should once the transfer is initiated from the smartphone ?

Thanks to anyone who could help

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

In Windows* 8.1 you will need to click on the Bluetooth* icon in the system tray and click on "Receive a file".

Let me know if this works.

xvign
Novice

Hello joe_intel,

thanks for your reply.

When I send file from the smartphone (it says on the smartphone screen "sending file to the pc), no window pops up on the PC.

If I click on the bluetooth icon you can access from the Windows 8.1 bar via a little triangle, I only have the following options (excuse-me, I translate from French):

- add a bluetooth peripheric,

- (not functional: authorise the connection of a peripheric)

- display the bluetooth peripherics

- join a personal network

At not moment I have the option to click on "receive a file"...

My copy of Windows8.1 is up to date.

I suppose I have the correct Intel drivers for my 7260 AC card ?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I see you are missing the options to receive or send a file.

Please uninstall the current version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology and install the previous one. Please let me know about the results.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology

xvign
Novice

Thank you so much joe_intel !!

As you suggested, I uninstalled the November (latest) version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology and installed instead the July version, (number 17.1.1406.01) and it is fine now: I have indeed the requested options to send or receive a file ...

My Intel AC 7260 card seems fully functional now.

Again, I thank you very much as you are the only person who helped me.

I send you my best regards,

;-)

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am glad I was of help. I have reported the issue.

0 Kudos