Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC-7260 - driver v.17.12.04

hhans6
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Carbon X1 with Intel AC 7260 wifi driver. I have read a lot but not yet found a solution.

I tried to update to driver v.17.12.04

the strange thing is, if I go and remove the wifi card in hardware and afterwards install the driver. I restart and then it works - the pc can go to standby and startup again, and wifi card is still enabled

If I then restart the computer again, and try to do the same with starting up from standby the wifi nic is not enabled and a "code 43" in hardware.r

Is there any workarround or another driver that should be used to solve that issue.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hhans6
Beginner

Hmm - it seems when I go to the wifi network card and mark "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" than it actually works.

If I remove the mark, then the problem appear again ?!?

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

The "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting doesn't work like it sounds like it does (opposite of the way you think it would). I think you probably want this setting checked (enabled) rather than unchecked. Please see the following link for more details about what this setting actually does: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2740020 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2740020.

SBres
Beginner

I also have an X1 with the same identical issue and have been attempting for over a month to resolve the issue.

I now automatically go into device manager and disable and enable the AC260 in order to use Wi-Fi.

There has to be a software fix out there.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

If it is the same identical issue, as you say, then enabling that power setting should fix your problem.

0 Kudos
SBres
Beginner

Amazing - Issue resolved - THANKS!

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

<<There has to be a software fix out there.>>

And right there in Windows, too. Fancy that.

0 Kudos