Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel AC 7265 AP Mode (Connectify)

SBara3
Beginner

Dear all,

I have used AC-7265 on a Win 8.1 computer with connectify and has worked great. Since updating to windows 10 and updating intel drivers, it now says AP mode is inactivated. No matter how many times i reinstall the drivers, the hardware, etc, I cannot activate this. Connectify help indicated that with the AC-7265, Intel has turned off AP mode in Windows 10.

Is this correct? This modem used to share internet really well--and not sure why it stopped working.

Running W 10pro, 64 bit on an Intel X250 with fifth generation i7, 16 gb ram, etc.

HELP!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi

This POST has been moved to the right support group for better assistance.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello whatup12,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 is not designed to work as Access Point. It allows creation of Ad Hoc networks and WiFi Direct connections, this may allow it to work in some AP configurations; however, access point mode is not supported so it may or may not work.

We would advise you to contact Connectify for more information about this.

For reference, please review these threads from other users with similar issues:

0 Kudos
SBara3
Beginner

Thanks and do appreciate. It is disappointing as this modem worked as AP in both W8.1 on a X240 and this X250 until this last Intel drivers update... I will go to connectify as noted.

thanks!