Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC-7265 constantly disconnecting off WiFi. Anyone figure out a fix, or at least sue Intel?

idata
Employee

It seems pretty much everyone with this wireless card has been suffering from frequent disconnects, unstable connections, and slow speeds. How is there not a solution to this or a recall?

Yes, I've tried changing all the adapter settings to the ones recommended by Intel (2.4 ghz only, 20mhz, roaming aggressiveness low, wmm disabled, etc).

Updated to the latest drivers. No change.

Any other solution?

0 Kudos
39 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

AsusROG,

We understand you are experiencing issues with the connection. Does this issue only occur with an specific network or does it happen with any network you try to connect?

Is this happening in a home or corporate network?

You have mentioned that the drivers for the adapter have been updated. Where did you update it from? The computer manufacturer or from Intel support page?

Is there any specific task you are doing when it disconnects?

Are you using Bluetooth* while using the Internet?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

AsusROG,

We haven't heard from you in a while. We would like to know if you still need our assistance.

Please, let us know at your earliest convenience.

0 Kudos
TBris
Beginner

I see this hasn't been answered. We just orderd 587 HP 745 and all of this are now giving us this disconnection issue. Huge corporate nightmare! The latest drivers have not proven successful!

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

nscs,

Could you please provide us detailed information of the situation you are experiencing. In which circumstances you notice the anomaly with your connection?

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
TBris
Beginner

Absolutely, just don't associate me with the "sue intel" :-).

Our environment is all wireless via Radius. Users connect via our domain infrastructure through Cisco APs. Primary our AP run on 5Ghz can can auto to 2.4 for rare systems that don't have a higher speed. These laptops have been reimaged via SCCM. I don't have any more details to offer outside of them dropping for about 30 seconds and reconnecting and constantly going into that same repetitive loop. The driver settings are all left at default since loading the most recent driver on Intel's site. If you need more traffic data please let me know and I'll have my engineers get me some information.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nscs,

Thank you for the information. Do you know if this situation occurs only in this specific corporate network or does it happen with any other? Before we go any further, we would like to check with you if know if there is any type of IT security policy that may be impacting the connection such as a firewall and/or antivirus?

In the mean time, could you please provide the logs provided by this tool? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility - We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nscs,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you still need our assistance.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please check my response, there's an issue, either Microsoft or Intel are to blame here, we need this addressed ASAP!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We have the same issue, we need to sit Microsoft, Intel and Cisco down and give them a good talking too, someone is to blame here and it's not us the poor user. It's the same problem as this also this check your Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/Operational logs. We use SCCM to image the laptops, affects them all, Intel 7265 and Intel 8260, if we downgrade to some 17.X.X.X default Windows 1511 driver it works fine, any other driver fails and causing a 1 minute delay connecting at startup. If we install the drivers manually or through SCCM using the drivers only file Wireless_19.2.0_Driver64_Win10.zip we run into the problems, as mentioned in another thread if we use the ProSet installer Wireless_19.2.0_PROSet64.zip it's fine.

Please, please, please, please test this Intel, please contact us if needed, we can reproduce this all day long, lets get this flipping fixed, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben

idata
Employee

Benji2665,

Could you please be so kind and provide us the logs obtained from this tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility if possible, please provide the information on the APs (Access Point) as well such as firmware and model.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have uploaded files, case 01773117. 4 files are included, a 18.40 version a 19.2 version and a 19.2 version using the PROSet installer and the eventlog for wireless, only the PROSet installer fixes the problem. We have 3 Cisco 5508 wireless LAN controllers, all running 8.3.102.0, access points are a mix of 2600/3600/3700/2800, all exhibit the same issue. My question is what's the difference between using Wireless_19.2.0_Driver64_Win10.zip and Wireless_19.2.0_PROSet64.zip, there's clearly a difference but there should not be!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Benji2665,

Thank you for submitting the logs. and the information about your APs (Access Point). We are going to analyze it and will advise very soon. In the mean time, should you have any further questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
TBris
Beginner

We have initiated a call with HP and were on the phone with their support for over 2 hours, and all they did was keep reinstalling the same driver thinking it would resolve the issue. Our setup is exactly like Benji2665; SCCM imaged our laptops with Win764+ environment. My engineer will upload the finding but they will be no different, and my team is taking a beating for this. How the card got out with known issues if baffling. We're going to look at our radius configuration. Logs are coming soon but this is affecting 18 of our campuses, and that's not good for business. Intel, chime in after reviewing Benji2665 logs.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nscs,

Please, as soon as you have the logs and the Access Point information, let us know so we can take a look in order to assist you resolving this situation.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, are you referring to my post? I've already provided the details. Ben

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What wireless infrastructure are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Are the users with this issue running Cisco?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nscs,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you had the chance to collect the logs, and we would like to know if you still need our assistance.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Who are you referring to? My previous post below says we've provided the details!

Have uploaded files, case 01773117. 4 files are included, a 18.40 version a 19.2 version and a 19.2 version using the PROSet installer and the eventlog for wireless, only the PROSet installer fixes the problem. We have 3 Cisco 5508 wireless LAN controllers, all running 8.3.102.0, access points are a mix of 2600/3600/3700/2800, all exhibit the same issue. My question is what's the difference between using Wireless_19.2.0_Driver64_Win10.zip and Wireless_19.2.0_PROSet64.zip, there's clearly a difference but there should not be!

Please escalate this issue internally, we've spoken to another local school who have the same exact issue, escalate this! It's an issue!

Thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
TBris
Beginner

We are behind on the logs but you should know that we are similar to Ben and I don't see any resolutions posted from what he provided. We have spent over 96 hours on the phone with Elite (I use that word loosely) HP support and we're getting nowhere fast. They have had us updated the following drivers and it has not resolved our issue.

BIOS

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815280&swItemId=ob_172932_1&swEnvOid=4060 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815280&swItemId=ob_172932_1&swEnvOid=4060

Chipset:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815280&swItemId=ob_168812_1&swEnvOid=4060 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815280&swItemId=ob_168812_1&swEnvOid=4060

WLAN:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815280&swItemId=ob_168727_1&swEnvOid=4060 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815280&swItemId=ob_168727_1&swEnvOid=4060

I can't believe that these systems made it outside of testing and shipped!

0 Kudos