Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC-8260 Adapter temporary not found or not working

idata
Employee

Since 4 Weeks i have the problem, that temporary my Intel AC-8260 adapter is not found with code 45 (Adapter is not connected to the system)

or with Code 31, Windows could not load the drivers.

I have a Lenovo X1 20FC Laptop.

The amazing thing is, that sometimes everything works fine and one day later, the problems comes again.

So i made few things, like:

- Installing all the newest drivers for AC-8260 from Intel (act. Version: 20.70.1.1).

The device Manager says:

At starting the adapter ROOT\NET\0000 there is a problem.

Driver Name: oem61.inf

Klassen-GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Dienst: Netwtw06

Lower Filter:

Upper Filter: vwifibus

Problem: 0x1F

Problemstatus: 0xC00000BB

So the sing is, i dont kow, if it is a hardware problem or a driver problem.

May somebody has the answer :-)

Best Regards

Reinhard

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MrEd74,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

These error codes can be caused by hardware or corrupted driver/settings. Please follow these steps in case this is a driver issue.

1. Please perform a clean install of the wireless driver. Try using the latest driver customized for your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean install steps

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-type-20fb-20fc/downloads Lenovo X1 20FC Laptop

**Please confirm the system model and OS.

If these steps do not fix this issue, please provide the following information:

1. Is this an out-of-box issue?

2. Was the wireless adapter replaced?

3.Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the error code appeared?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wanner G.,

i done all the clean install steps.

First is then, that the network adapter is not found in the device manager.

I run then the Intel® System Support Utility, you found the report attached, SSU-05-10-2018-01.

After that i done a manual installation of legacy hardware in the device manager for the network controller.

I run the Intel® System Support Utility again, attached report, SSU-05-10-2018-02.

Thank you for support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MrEd74,

Thank you for your response.

I noticed that you are using Windows* 10 Version:"10.0.17763 Build 17763". Was this a Windows 10 Insider Preview when the problem started happening?

Also:

-Was the wireless adapter replaced?

-Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the error code appeared?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is no insider Preview Version. Was automatically installed by windows update.

yesterday came new version, automatically by windows update to Windows 10 Pro Version 1809, Build 17763.1

No, the adapter was not replaced. Inside since bought 2 years before.

No device installed, i have this configuration since 2 years.

after restarting 5 times today, the adapter works again...

But i think this is only temporary, cause yesterday evening the adapter was not working.

may it be a hardware issue ?

Regards

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Caution - 1809 was pulled by Microsoft yesterday.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MrEd74,

If you are still having issues, we will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

thanks - since Windows update 1809 it works fine.

Am i the one and only with this issue and problems of 4 weeks ?

Cant believe...

Best Regards

0 Kudos