Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel AC-8260 - Unable to sysprep Windows 10 machine

IIT_S
Beginner

Hello, after installing the AC-8260 wifi driver, we are unable to sysprep a fresh build of Windows 10. I've narrowed it down by just installing windows 10 with out any driver installations or windows updates, only installing the latest: Wireless_18.40.0_Proset64_Win10.exe driver.

Sysprep will start, then upon shutdown (selecting the OOBE and gereralize option), we get a blue screen: 0x00000124

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ashjunkmail,

Have you checked if the BIOS is updated ?

Where is this adapter installed? Laptop or desktop?

Have you tried to let Windows* download the drivers?

0 Kudos
IIT_S
Beginner

Hello Aleki

Thanks for the response. It's a Toshiba Portege Z30-A laptop. I initially had Windows do the driver updates which is when I discovered the blue screen issue. So then I tried the original Toshiba Drivers for Win10, on a fresh install of windows 10, and then the Intel drivers on a fresh install of windows 10. Each time, I blue screen during the sysprep process.

The bios was updated during the troubleshooting process.

This has put a halt on our Win10 Migration.

0 Kudos
IIT_S
Beginner

Sorry, wrong model, is actually an HP Elitedesk 800 G2 mini desktop pc. Had multiple items on my desk when looking at your previous post.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ashjunmail,

Was this adapter installed by factory on this HP* Elitedesk 800 G2, or was it installed later? If this is the original adapter, we recommend to utilize the drivers provided by HP*. For your convenience, here is the link to their support page: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7633279 Drivers & Software for HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC - HP Support Center.

Let us know the results after trying their latest drivers

0 Kudos
IIT_S
Beginner

Hello Aleki

It's installed by the factory. I have tried the original, and the latest from HP. No luck

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ashjunkmail,

Usually, the error 0x00000124 could imply in fatal hardware error and not necessarily being the wireless adapter the cause of it. This bug uses the error data that is provided by the Windows- Hardware-Error Architecture also known as WHEA. As there are many reasons as to why this error occurs and in order to narrow it down issue possibilities, it is important that you also check the air flow, internal high temperature can cause all sorts of odd behavior and BSOD messeages. If possible, please send us the full dump files so we can take a look.

As for OOBE, we have found additional related information provided by Microsoft* that might help you as well since you ahve decided to use this option: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn938324(v=vs.85).aspx Settings for Automating OOBE - Windows 10 hardware dev - We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello ashjunkmail,

Please let us know if the previous recommendations helped you resolve this issue, or if it persists.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ashjunkmail,

We haven't heard from you in a while. Please let us know if the information provided helped you to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos