Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

Intel AC 9560 error code 10

Kanny
Beginner

My wireless adapter Intel AC 9560 is not starting, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for it and it still does not work, I would like to find a solution to this problem without having to reset my laptop to factory settings if there is any thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to do a clean install. 

Here is proper process for performing a clean WLAN Install: 

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30208 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30251.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Lorenzo899
Beginner

Hello, I also have the same problem.
I tried the above solution, unfortunately with no results. Some idea?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Lorenzo899

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

A clean installation of drivers (as recommended by @n_scott_pearson) is the recommended step when experiencing Code 10 errors in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices. This error could be related to many different reasons. Usually, a Code 10 error is a temporary error, generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device; however, this error is considered a generic message indicating an unspecified problem. It is worth mentioning that Software issues don’t always cause a code 10 error. The non-functioning can be attributed to hardware failure too.

If you have tried the previous steps using both the customized drivers provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the latest Intel® generic drivers and the issue still persists, the recommendation is to check this further with your OEM for additional assistance and debugging from their side; and also to review if a reset of the wireless card or a physical inspection might be needed. Here you can find links to computer manufacturer support websites: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos