Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel AC Dual Band 7265 network card problem

SKang8
Beginner

Hello all, I'm suffering this weird issue on Intel AC Dual band 7265 network card on Dell Inspiron 7558 model.

When I bought this computer I tried connect to wifi and found out there are no available wifi list.

I thought it's some kind of hardware problem so changed to another-same model but issue wasn't solved at all.

So I installed latest software on dell.com and it appears problem has been solved, but after 2 days problem occurs again.

I tried to uninstall network driver on Device manager but uninstall option doesn't work, tried to reboot but won't reboot, Forced to reboot the computer and reinstall the network driver then it looks working about 5 minutes and then problem starts again.

So I upgrade to windows 10 might solve this issue but no. The problem happens just same as before.

I tired version from 18.30.0 to 18.32.0 from intel and none of'em works.

There is no virus nor any other problems occurs except the network - wifi issue.

Here is the Fail Log that I got:

"Closing a UDP socket with local port number 62434 in process 1480 is taking longer than expected. The local port number may not be available until the close operation is completed. This happens typically due to misbehaving network drivers. Ensure latest updates are installed for Windows and any third-party networking software including NIC drivers, firewalls, or other security products."

Please help. I tried everything that I could, and still suffering with this issue, if you think this network card is the problem not the software, please suggest me better network card that compatible with this laptop.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Simonikang,

Intel always recommends that first, you contact your computer manufacturer in order to obtain the latest drivers and other possible solutions as the wireless card is an OEM device and they have drivers specifically made for this adapter and system: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

As a second option, you can try the following procedure:

1. Download and save https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25683/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 Fine name: Wireless_18.32.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe.

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Additionally, you can also try the solutions provided by Micrtosoft*:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-upgrade-wireless-connection-not-found/82598394-5c2a-41cd-931d-d6f3ba6595a5?auth=1 Windows 10 upgrade wireless connection not found - Microsoft Community

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues Fix network connection issues - Windows Help

0 Kudos
SKang8
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. I already contact with Dell support center but it wasn't any help, they only ask me to go to intel forum to solve the problem.

I Followed your step twice, but the problem has not been solved.

I have following 411 Error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

[ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}

EventID 411

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x4000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2016-02-04T04:54:15.485666700Z

EventRecordID 575

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 172

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Computer DESKTOP-CU090V9

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

DeviceInstanceId PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095A&SUBSYS_54108086&REV_59\340286FFFF000C3F00

DriverName oem47.inf

ClassGuid {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

ServiceName Netwtw02

LowerFilters

UpperFilters vwifibus

Problem 0x15

Status 0x0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other idea please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Simonikang,

Can you please check if the antennas are properly installed?

0 Kudos
SKang8
Beginner

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, I double checked antennas and there's no doubt that it is properly installed.

I searched some other forums online and found that there are couple similar and a exact same issue as mine. <<a href="http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19644234">link>

Is there anything you can suggest me to try further action? or should I just change my network card to latest version which is AC 8260?

Please let me know, thank you.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Simonikang,

Before we go any further, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one: access this link for further information on this matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for... If you have the intention of changing the wireless adapter, please consult with your computer manufacturer as they are the only ones that can provide a list of Intel® Wireless Adapters that are fully compatible with your system. Perhaps you would like to try live troubleshooting with one of our technnicians, You are welcome to choose one of our methods to contact us for live support by accessing this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support just choose your region.

0 Kudos
SKang8
Beginner

Just let you know that I upgraded to 8260 and there's no issue within 4 days now.

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
SJaan
Beginner

Try Windows 10 bundled driver - 17.15.0.5

0 Kudos