Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel AC7260 driver properties

DCarr5
Novice

Hi all,

Is there a document anywhere that provides more details regarding the configurable options of the AC-7260 wireless NIC i.e. what the definition of 'Highest' is for aggressive roaming, or what 'Highest' is defined as for transmit power? I'm trying to align these settings with our wireless Aruba deployment for optimal experience.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VincentT_T_Intel
Employee

Hi darrencarr, most of the settings found on the AC-7260 are available in this site, please check it out.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025393.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — What Are the Advanced Wi-Fi Adapter Settings?

hope this help.

0 Kudos
DCarr5
Novice

Thanks for the prompt reply Vince.

Just looking at the roaming setting, our SOE has this set to 'medium' which based on the link you provided suggests isn't optimal for a client that roams, a more suitable setting would be 'medium-low' or 'medium-high'?

I'll obviously test this when back in the office, but both of these options are either side of medium. Would you anticipate a major difference by selecting one or the other? doesn't make sense to me that 'medium' according to this definition, is likely to affect roaming?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

The Medium setting for Roaming aggressiveness is balanced between not roaming and performance. It should work fine in most scenarios as the Wi-Fi client will remain connected to the same AP/Router as long as the connection is good, but will roam to another one if a signal drop is detected.

In some environments, the user may have better results with the Medium-Low setting, since it will reduce the rate at which the computer will select and switch to another access point or router with better signal quality.

0 Kudos